• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!

On 10/1/2017 at 3:33 PM, John Setzler said:

I hope to be doing some first hand testing of it this coming week

Just a thought. A consideration you probably figured in to your testing. Moisture resistance.

We have all been caught in a wet situation during a long or short cook/smoke.

Then there's cookers like me that will cook unless it's a tornado or hurricane.

But electronics and water have been bad JuJu for me, in any arena. as an example, I was impressed with my Smoke unit that hung in after it was exposed to some heavy rain. Someone posted it was ISO something-water/dust resistant.

M.

1 hour ago, dianlonyc2 said:

AWESOME!   I hope you are allowed to do an in-depth review of the product.   

What's your testing strategy?   I say go for the Brisket!  :)   

I have a lot of testing that I'll be doing with it before I ever use it to cook meat.  I will do an in-depth review and how-to video with this product when the time is right.

On 2017-10-05 at 4:52 AM, John Setzler said:

DSC01283s.thumb.jpg.4216738c5ec7919ddacb742030c5d332.jpg

DSC01284s.thumb.jpg.c18bc593702dff75f255bdf389c562b4.jpg

DSC01285s.thumb.jpg.def09384f9d5b4e1c88796e700dc33f3.jpg

I started testing one yesterday.  I haven't gotten very far yet.  I hope to continue testing this evening or tomorrow...

I don't have answers to any questions yet...

It looks like they came-up with a new docking design.  I don’t remember seeing the bracket in the preliminary pictures on Facebook.

It’ll be interesting to see how the first round of testing goes.  

1 hour ago, John Setzler said:

@Charcoal Addict

There have been a lot of changes since those preliminary photos... 

That is exciting. One of the worst aspects of using a blower is taking it off and putting out on. That looks like a great idea. If nothing else then I want that modified door but I doubt it will be available as a stand alone product. 

As for apps to control this thing, of they open it up to developers then there will be dozens of apps per platform. Let the market forces create competition and improvements. I get that it controls a fire, but there are many examples of other open source apps that do that and other dangerous or difficult things as well.

Any word on the basket for the coals that was shown earlier?

15 hours ago, John Setzler said:

I have a lot of testing that I'll be doing with it before I ever use it to cook meat.  I will do an in-depth review and how-to video with this product when the time is right.

Can't wait for that! Well KJ should just place a piece of paper in the box of the iKamand with a link to your video of it.....Your reviews are on point!   

I came to the conclusion that my wireless probe (that I have had for years) is highly inaccurate. On a Butt -- probe said 165, but when I temp checked it was 190.  Soooooooo......I am holding out for one of these fantastic devices!