Jump to content

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, CeramicChef said:

I give it up to Bobby and The Boys.  They could stamp KJ on boxes of horse manure and the KJ crew would line up to pay premium prices for it.  He and his marketing team are geniuses!  They've created a mystique around their brand exceeded only by BGE.  Bobby and his marketing team are first rate and have created 

 

All I hear about is how innovative this new controller is gonna be.  There is absolutely nothing innovative in this controller as outlined here. There's nothing innovative at all in anything that KJ markets except maybe the Divide and Conquer and if I'm not mistaken, you could source essentially the same thing at several Internet sites before KJ.  

 

You want fast startup times, why not go to Harbor Freight and buy a heat gun for $15?  Oh, I forgot, it's not stamped KJ!

 

But again, I'm really impressed with what Bobby and his marketing team have done in a relatively short period of time.  Seems to me they've beat BGE at their own game and at a lower price point.  

 

Why are you so manic about Kamado Joe and their products?  I can pick out 10 different threads you have participated in where you LOVE KJ and their product and happily recommend them to people and another 10 where you post rants about the company and their products like this one.  What's the mood flavor going to be tomorrow?  

 

There are fan boys for EVERY product line.  Are you not familiar with that concept as part of the Komodo Kamado crowd?  Those guys are few and far between but they are quite the same way about their favorite products.  The Big Green Egg guys are as proud or prouder than most about the green stuff as well.  Is that not ok?  We don't need people like you to slap down any product line here.  We don't need any self-proclaimed experts in the field of marketing and good sense to tell people here what they should and shouldn't do with their money.  

 

YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL about product/brand bashing in this forum.  YOU have been told over and over again but you can't seem to remember it from one day to the next.  I don't care what brand it is.  

 

I am not going to threaten to toss you off this forum AGAIN.  You have been tossed a couple times in the past as a result of this type of behavior.  The moderators of this forum voted by a majority a few weeks ago to keep you here because they consider you to be a useful and productive member of this forum.  I guess you post enough 'good' stuff to outweigh this sort of junk in their eyes.  Your fate is in their hands now because I don't care anymore.  You have proven to me time and time again that you can't play well in a group.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CeramicChef said:

....They could stamp KJ on boxes of horse manure and the KJ crew would line up to pay premium prices for it.  

 

What great news!!

My daughter just put in a box of wildflowers and we were thinking of adding some manure to the soil.  Any idea price point?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the BBQ wizard is cool device in many ways, but what I AM greatly concerned about is the heat it is going to take and how that will impact the device.

 

When I'm cooking with my keg, depending on how much ash and smaller bits are below the firebowl, the vent area can get REALLY, REALLY hot.  Have there been any comments / discussion around that?  I'd be waiting to purchase one to see how this impacts longevity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, afingerhut said:

It's actually superior manure due to the larger lumps of poop

 

Oh. i see, similar to the charcoal.  

 

speaking of which, i used a bunch of big block in my Barrel smoker yesterday for ribs and am shocked about how little fuel burned during the 4 hour smoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CeramicChef said:

I give it up to Bobby and The Boys.  They could stamp KJ on boxes of horse manure and the KJ crew would line up to pay premium prices for it.  He and his marketing team are geniuses!  They've created a mystique around their brand exceeded only by BGE.  Bobby and his marketing team are first rate and have created 

 

All I hear about is how innovative this new controller is gonna be.  There is absolutely nothing innovative in this controller as outlined here. There's nothing innovative at all in anything that KJ markets except maybe the Divide and Conquer and if I'm not mistaken, you could source essentially the same thing at several Internet sites before KJ.  

 

You want fast startup times, why not go to Harbor Freight and buy a heat gun for $15?  Oh, I forgot, it's not stamped KJ!

 

But again, I'm really impressed with what Bobby and his marketing team have done in a relatively short period of time.  Seems to me they've beat BGE at their own game and at a lower price point.  

 

The iPhone wasn't the first Smartphone either.  They were the first to innovate the OS into something truly usable.  KJ isn't reinventing the wheel either.  Reinventing the wheel is much harder these days.  KJ is making a better wheel.  

 

There isn't a Kamado company you can compare them with.  They've evolved dramatically over the years.  The new Firebox, Hinge and Kontrol Tower vent are all very unique innovations.  The new KJ hinge exceeds the design of the KK hinge. 

 

The iKamand is the very first ultra compact, weatherproof Wifi multi probe controller into such a tiny little unit.  All the competing multi probe units on the market are not weather proof, they have you running multiple wires all over the place and cannot run above 450F- 500 F.  

 

The iKamand overcomes a huge number of short comings of many current temp controllers.   The iKamand is a serious leap forward in temp controller design.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SmallBBQr said:

I think the BBQ wizard is cool device in many ways, but what I AM greatly concerned about is the heat it is going to take and how that will impact the device.

 

When I'm cooking with my keg, depending on how much ash and smaller bits are below the firebowl, the vent area can get REALLY, REALLY hot.  Have there been any comments / discussion around that?  I'd be waiting to purchase one to see how this impacts longevity.

 

I'm sure there will be limitations on how hot you can run with this device.  The temperature probes will most likely hit a failure point before the fan and control unit itself runs into any issues.  You have to keep in mind what the uses are for this type of device.  If you just want to use it to stoke a hot fire then it should be able to that with no problem.  If you want to use the temperature probes, I would EXPECT that you need to keep the ambient temperature inside the grill at or below 500 degrees.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@John Setzler - John, there was not one thing I said that was meant to bash anything about KJ. The above post was meant to be tongue-in-cheek and I spent a long time praising Bobby and The Boys for their marketing genius.  Maybe your deep relationship with KJ blinds you to a post meant to be in jest.  

 

Let me reiterate, "I'm really impressed with what Bobby and his marketing team have done in a relatively short period of time.  Seems to me that they've beat BGE at their own game and at a lower price point." I continue to recommend the KJ Brand and I dare say that I've been the cause of more sales of KJ kamados here than just about anyone but you.  I just don't bow down at the KJ Altar every chance presented like many others here.  I recognize exactly what the KJ Brand is, and isn't.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CeramicChef said:

@John Setzler - John, there was not one thing I said that was meant to bash anything about KJ. The above post was meant to be tongue-in-cheek and I spent a long time praising Bobby and The Boys for their marketing genius.  Maybe your deep relationship with KJ blinds you to a post meant to be in jest.  

 

Let me reiterate, "I'm really impressed with what Bobby and his marketing team have done in a relatively short period of time.  Seems to me that they've beat BGE at their own game and at a lower price point." I continue to recommend the KJ Brand and I dare say that I've been the cause of more sales of KJ kamados here than just about anyone but you.  I just don't bow down at the KJ Altar every chance presented like many others here.  I recognize exactly what the KJ Brand is, and isn't.  

 

 

 

You are seriously warped.  I give up on you and write you off as worthless to this forum.  Maybe the rest of the moderator team here will realize that at some point.  Good luck brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Innovation or not, I will say that KJ has captured the market.  It is becoming clearer everyday.  

 

Bringing products and adapting to the changing BBQ community is a recipe for success. When you have your finger on the pulse, good things happen. 

 

im done with brand loyalty and just enjoy cooking. I respect anyone that likes to cook good Q!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Setzler said:

 

I'm sure there will be limitations on how hot you can run with this device.  The temperature probes will most likely hit a failure point before the fan and control unit itself runs into any issues.  You have to keep in mind what the uses are for this type of device.  If you just want to use it to stoke a hot fire then it should be able to that with no problem.  If you want to use the temperature probes, I would EXPECT that you need to keep the ambient temperature inside the grill at or below 500 degrees.  

 

Unless the pit probe is a K type thermocouple the limit is going to be around 500.  You can get cheap and fast reacting K type wire probes that will take higher temps than the Kamado will reach, but based on the photos, I don't think this is the path they are taking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, m-fine said:

 

Unless the pit probe is a K type thermocouple the limit is going to be around 500.  You can get cheap and fast reacting K type wire probes that will take higher temps than the Kamado will reach, but based on the photos, I don't think this is the path they are taking.

 

Under what circumstances would you ever need pit or meat probes that were durable beyond 500 degrees?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...