Cheeseburger Pie

cbpie2.jpg

I was surfing the Kamado Joe presence on Facebook last week and stumbled across a photo that made my mouth water.  It was something called a Cheeseburger pie.  I contacted the person who posted it and asked if he wanted to share the recipe and have it turned into a Kamado Joe cooking video.  He was interested and I had him shoot me a brief introduction video clip for the recipe to use in the video.  

The interesting thing is that the original recipe was a Betty Crocker recipe.  We jazzed it up just a little to turn it into something more fitting of the Kamado lover in all of us...  This is a photo of my finished product...  Great stuff!

I still have my mother's old Betty Crocker Cookbook, the ring binder with the red and white checkerboard cover.  There are some great recipes in that old book.  Back to the days of Ozzie and Harriett, My Three Sons, and Leave it to Beaver.  No Fusion Cuisine for that generation, or at least nothing they called Fusion. 

I still have my mother's old Betty Crocker Cookbook, the ring binder with the red and white checkerboard cover.  There are some great recipes in that old book.  Back to the days of Ozzie and Harriett, My Three Sons, and Leave it to Beaver.  No Fusion Cuisine for that generation, or at least nothing they called Fusion. 

Me too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, SevenOaks said:

When I was dating my wife she made cheeseburger pie for me.
So ... I married her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should have held out for a cheeseburger pie

Couldn't wait, tried to duplicate....  I was looking for a quick dinner to toss on our KJBJ and saw this post. Did a little on line hunt and found a recipe. Outside of the obvious, I threw in onion, bacon, and roasted corn.

Cooked in 17" cast iron skillet. Look forward to seeing John's version!

IMG_1579.JPG