What's up Akorn family!

2 hours ago, phyre said:

Does the pizza ring work pretty well? Made from stainless? Will likely be picking one up either way. 

yea i've made many pizza in it. it heats up over 800 easily. the lid sits tight and I used the Akorn stone as my pizza stone. make sure your pizza peel is well floured so you can slip the dough in smoothly. I found tortilla bread makes a perfect crunchy crust and can be cooked with in a min or two.

Stainless all the way! even the nuts and bolts are chromed. 

I've been making pizza w/ my akorn jr.

Burnt end pizza!

1736144116.jpg

2096389058.jpg

3 hours ago, JDEaston said:

I would have to go back and read the terms of service  on advertising so I'm not going to post a direct link, but a quick google search did turn up the items Daz posted above and they are indeed available for consumer purchase. I'll certainly be placing an order for the pizza ring. Now lets get to work on that rotisserie @Daz!

I'll be on it! I didn't want to make this an advertising post either but to share my maker experience as a BBQ'er. I really love my Akorn and I cooked so much with it. I hope what I came up with can help you guys as well. Everything I made I started from scratch. Luckily I have an in-house engineer and some fabricating equipment from my motorcycle parts business so I can prototype them quickly.

Here is something I just made, an all new kind air temp probe that's blazing responsive, and measures the air that's on the surface of the meat. 

447227418.jpg

686562685.jpg

6 hours ago, Daz said:

Ok the Pizza Ring, I spent too much time making it lol. I wanted it to be precise so we digitized the whole Akorn and went through probably a dozen prototypes. It's hard to make it tight w/ the top lid where it sits on an angle. I put a light source inside to find out the leaks. Here are some screen shots. It is available on my website called BBQube.us, it also has info on other things I made for my BBQ hobby. I'm a maker kine so you'll see me coming up w/ more gadgets haha. 

1961612719.jpg

345587962.jpg

BBQ-KPR-AKORN_1A.jpg

BBQ-KPR-AKORN_5A.jpg

I ordered one from you this evening,  I'll post some of my views after I use it a couple of times.  Can't wait to get it.

One thing that i like right away is the ability to wind the probes up so that they do not get tangled up and damaged. I had the probe to the Chef Alarm stop working because if it is put in the case it kinks the wire right at the spring that is supposed to protect it.

If the plastic probe winders were available separate and not that expensive then I would get about 5.

On 5/20/2017 at 5:41 AM, Marty said:

One thing that i like right away is the ability to wind the probes up so that they do not get tangled up and damaged. I had the probe to the Chef Alarm stop working because if it is put in the case it kinks the wire right at the spring that is supposed to protect it.

If the plastic probe winders were available separate and not that expensive then I would get about 5.

yes the plastic winder comes with every probe, i spent more time designing that winder that the probe! it's 2 pcs and welded w/ ultrasonic. 

On 5/19/2017 at 5:29 PM, rythememan4 said:

Do you have any time lapse video with the pizza ring with no temp control. How does it hold temp

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

I will make a video on the pizza ring. it's like everytime I cook pizza i'll be so busy.

If you would make one of the rings with the front solid and not cutout and drill a hole in each side you would have a Jotisserie or close to it.  It would be so easy to mount a rotisserie motor and rod into it.  I would probably interested in one.

On 5/21/2017 at 2:31 PM, Daz said:

yes the plastic winder comes with every probe, i spent more time designing that winder that the probe! it's 2 pcs and welded w/ ultrasonic. 

I would also like half a dozen probe Winders - AND an Akorn-tisserie   8)