• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!

It arrived yesterday, the Shun Hikari 7" Damascus Santoku. You may remember that I posted the arrival of my Shun Hikari 8" Damascus Chef's knife a few weeks ago in 2016 Kitchen Knife of the Year.

The 7" Santoku is made of the same materials, by the same process, and is every bit as beautiful and razor sharp as the 8" Chef's knife.

It got baptized tonight slicing a grilled Flat Iron for tacos.

Thanks for Looking and Happy Cooking.

6386993d825f019cbfe058a143cb7ea6.jpgec163e4a071612d27e880b1c596834fb.jpg7d5cc9113c52881390492da3d420b340.jpg035785583d1f0942e2b525dce4523da2.jpg1deabe663a09532c6c4cc792bed06f53.jpg1d6f846b280a12f8fc20a02ac82fc353.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It arrived yesterday, the Shun Hakiri 7" Damascus Santuku. You may remember that I posted the arrival of my Shun Hakiri 8" Damascus Chef's knife a few weeks ago in 2016 Kitchen Knife of the Year.
The 7" Santuku is made of the same materials, by the same process, and is every bit as beautiful and razor sharp as the 8" Chef's knife.
It got baptized tonight slicing a grilled Flat Iron for tacos.

Thanks for Looking and Happy Cooking.
6386993d825f019cbfe058a143cb7ea6.jpgec163e4a071612d27e880b1c596834fb.jpg7d5cc9113c52881390492da3d420b340.jpg035785583d1f0942e2b525dce4523da2.jpg1deabe663a09532c6c4cc792bed06f53.jpg1d6f846b280a12f8fc20a02ac82fc353.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice... I have a large set of shun Edo knives and boy they are sharp I went to wipe one the other day and hardly touched it and about cut off my finger🤕

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

@jackjumper101 - so!  This is exactly why we have a balance of trade deficit with Japan!  :rofl:

That is a gorgeous knife.  I love Damascus Steel; it is so gorgeous.  It actually makes knife work a joy.  Be careful and keep all your fingers intact!  

Congrats to you.

59 minutes ago, jackjumper101 said:

Thank you, CC.  Getting permission from the CFO to buy the Hikari Chef's was a struggle.  Buying the Hikari Santoku very nearly landed me in that shed of yours you've offered me in the past.  :-D:-D

Buy another one. If CC's shed is already taken we'll put you up at the Bistro - LOL 

1 hour ago, jackjumper101 said:

Thank you, CC.  Getting permission from the CFO to buy the Hikari Chef's was a struggle.  Buying the Hikari Santoku very nearly landed me in that shed of yours you've offered me in the past.  :-D:-D

You and your knives at welcome at my first place anytime...you and CK can share my workbench... I think I will be getting him intouble soon... I am going to start making blades to go with my handles. 

@jackjumper101 - Jack, I've got better accommodations than just the shed these days now that I'm blissfully single again!  Just bring your pillow and you're good to go.  I've got good beer in the fridge, Woodford and Midleton on the bar, and Tito's vodka in the freezer along with NY Strips for TheBeast to bless!  

@jackjumper101 - Come on down!

Thanks, Amigo.  If I listen to ckreef whispering in my digital ear tempting me to buy another expensive knife :evil: the odds are better than 10 to 1 I'll end up with you, ck (although I'm unsure just how well sk would tolerate two man children in her house) or Ben.

Let's think about this for a second--Summer in Oklahoma, Summer in Georgia, or Summer in Massachusetts.  Not that I'm complaining about the company, but if I can resist temptation, buy the Hakiri 6" Chef's in December by which time the current storm will have blown over and I can justify it as a Christmas present, then I can spend the Winter in Tucson's sunny, 75* Sonoran Desert cooking poolside. Tough decision:roll::roll:.

1 hour ago, jackjumper101 said:

(although I'm unsure just how well sk would tolerate two man children in her house) 

Just wait until fall. One new man child will be going off to college. You can just take over his room. She'll never notice the difference except I'm sure you'll have much less attitude than a newly turned 18 year old - LOL