AndyB

Lump Charcoal Sales

I'm new to using the KJ Lump charcoal.  Coming from a different grill I typically used Kingsford and around Memorial Day it typically went on sale for around half off.  Does the KJ lump typically go on sale, or are there other quality lump charcoals that go on sale around Memorial Day?

I think Home Depot has Royal Oak on sale today, it's an ok lump. You can get Kamado Joe big block lump at the Costco road shows, $22 for a 30 lb. bag, which is an excellent price.

However, when I see charcoal on sale around the holidays it always briquettes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recently made the 230 mile round trip to the closest Costco Road Show for 150 lbs of charcoal.  Factoring in gas and time, that's about the farthest I can go and still make it worth my while.

Who can I speak to about maybe getting the Costco Road Show coming to one of the two Hampton Roads, Virginia (Norfolk or Newport News) Costcos?  While I personally can't make a Costco Road Show a success on my own, I can promise buying 5-10 bags each time its in town!

5a57fe955a9e6f55150a243861b3468d.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By uhmump95
      I just got a 26 inch Weber kettle  for Father's day.  Since I have been using my Kamado for the last year, I love using lump charcoal.  Is there any benefit to using lump in a kettle?  I read an article on the Weber site and it said lump cooks fast on a kettle grill.  Hopefully my peeps here can give me some insight.  

Lump charcoal use on kettle please give me your thoughts.
    • By Tim$BudgetBBQ
      Got some steak on clearance at Walmart. They had put some seasoning on the NY strip steaks that tastes like fajita meat. I cooked them up to 135 degrees using my indirect heat shield I designed and had a friend build for me. I finished the sear on the steaks using a piece of 1/4" plate steel I had custom cut at a fabrication shop. I bought the shrimp at Sams already on the skewers. I seasoned them with Slap Ya Momma Cajun seasoning and cooked them 4 minutes, 2 on each side, on the same plate steel. The steak came out medium to well (my smoking hot wife doesnt like medium rare) and the shrimp was on target.
    • By ndg_2000
      Hi 
      What charcoal brand would our UK based kamado owners recommend buying I have bought big green egg charcoal but do find it expensive for what it is. Any suggestions welcome
      Tia
      Nigel 
    • By DerHusker
      I've had some KJ Big Block Lump Charcoal for a while now and finally got around to opening up a few bag. Here is a review of it.
      Two out of the 4 bags I have. One was out in the sun as you can see from the faded bag.

Cut the top of the bags off.

Pushed the large pieces to the left to get a better look

And now a 6" ruler and a business card from some size relationship.

Stuff looks good and I'll be burning some this afternoon to know how it burns.
    • By EZ smoke
      I know Cowboy Lump gets mixed reviews but for $0.50/lb shipped to my door I'm probably going to give it a shot.

Cowboy® 20 lb Hardwood Lump Charcoal $9.78

Order 4 bags and they'll ship for free.

I've used a lot of RO but haven't been able to find any decent deals around me in the past 6 months. I've been using El Diablo lately and AFAIC it is decent stuff. Local walmart stores have had 40# bags for $15 but it has started to be hard to find.