New Akorn: Not-So-Good First Impressions

Thanks for the welcome! The box was in great shape. It did not look to be thrown around or anything like that.

Ya luckily nobody has given me any grief about replacement parts. I've had great customer service from everyone involved so far.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Best part is that it is still fine to cook with so there is no down time involved. I can assure you that the dent will not effect the taste of the meat at all and when the new lid comes in it will only take a few minutes to change them over.  

Enjoy your new Akorn.   :)

10 hours ago, robertyb said:

Best part is that it is still fine to cook with so there is no down time involved. I can assure you that the dent will not effect the taste of the meat at all and when the new lid comes in it will only take a few minutes to change them over.  

Enjoy your new Akorn.   :)

Thanks man!

6 hours ago, Garvinque said:

Keep the gasket, the only gasket better is the KK!

Garvin

Nice to know, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

New lid received and installed.  I've been crazy busy with work and putting new floors in the house that I have only cooked brats so far!  The poor Acorn is lonely in the garage, not getting used. 

10 hours ago, Andy87 said:

New lid received and installed.  I've been crazy busy with work and putting new floors in the house that I have only cooked brats so far!  The poor Acorn is lonely in the garage, not getting used. 

CharGriller support is the best - when I was laying hardwoods in my own house ( glue down 1/2 inch solid bamboo ) the best part of the day was putting a hunk of some meat on the grill and leaving it out there all day for a final chow-down at night... so make use of that Grill !!!

I ordered the Jr. from Amazon and the built quality is very poor. Much less than the bigger brother Akorn. Had crossed thread, mis aligned lid, chipped paint. The thermometer was installed upside down. It works fine but they need to tighten up their QA for sure.