New Blackstone Competition?

Anyone ever hear of the Royal Gourmet® Pro 6-Burner Gas Griddle GB6000? It looks like the Blackstone but has 6 burners instead of 4 and it is quite a bit longer at 44 inches giving a total of 860 square inches. A lot of other specs look similar. It's also better looking IMO, more in line with the Blackstone stainless model.

Any guys who have one or a griddle want to weigh in on the design choices?

I've been looking at the Blackstone or Camp Chef for a while but can't decide and now there is another contender :(

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FT1NDGW/ref=asc_df_B01FT1NDGW4997843/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B01FT1NDGW&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167125192708&hvpos=1o17&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11754414413997577919&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9027201&hvtargid=pla-307221976747#Ask

2 hours ago, Marty said:

Once you go that big it is worth considering the Members Mark Event grill also.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/event-grill/prod10840020.ip?xid=plp:product:1:1

That's not a griddle though, is it? I could probably buy a flat griddle and rest it on top but I get the sense that purpose built propane griddles just do their job better.

6 hours ago, michaelt said:

That's not a griddle though, is it? I could probably buy a flat griddle and rest it on top but I get the sense that purpose built propane griddles just do their job better.

Yes it is a grill. I  thought that I saw one as a griddle once but perhaps I was wrong.

5 hours ago, ckreef said:

Academy Sports sells Triton griddles. Priced competitively to Blackstones. 

For the 24" model I think I like it better than the 28" Blackstone. 

Wow I've never even seen those. I'll have to check it out today.

58 minutes ago, michaelt said:

Wow I've never even seen those. I'll have to check it out today.

I think they have 2, 4 and 6 burner models. Also some combo griddle/grill units 

I have had a 36" BS for a couple years and LOVE it. My only compliant with it is that it's a little flimsy in the legs. This is due in large part with the idea od making it colapsable so it's more portable. It accomplishes that but means the legs aren't as sturdy as a fixed unit would be.

The "Royal Gourmet Regal GB6000 Event 6 Burner Propane Gas Grill Griddle, 43”L " looks cool.

The Members Mark is definately a grill only.

I did see on the web somewhere when I was looking for a griddle that they're is someone that sells a SS insert that can turn any grill into a griddle. They have a lot of standard sizes and you can also give them measurements and they will custom make one that will fit your needs. The main reason I didn't go with it is they make them with a lip around the entire griddle. This keeps the grease in till you scoop it out. They showed doing it with a spatula and it looked time consuming to me.

On 5/25/2017 at 11:58 AM, michaelt said:

I read the 6 burner griddle comes with a .75" steel top :shock:

I wonder if that is legit...

The description on Amazon says it has a 5mm thick griddle.

Commercial flat top griddles will often have a top that is about 3/4" thick. Those are designed to be run all day tho. For typical home use a top that thick would take forever to heat up. A waste of time and gas for most home purposes/cooks.

On 5/26/2017 at 7:47 PM, HeavyG said:

The description on Amazon says it has a 5mm thick griddle.

Commercial flat top griddles will often have a top that is about 3/4" thick. Those are designed to be run all day tho. For typical home use a top that thick would take forever to heat up. A waste of time and gas for most home purposes/cooks.

Sorry, I was talking about the one from Academy. You raise a good point though.