13. AUBrian

AUBrian

14. bernux

bernux

15. nstigator

nstigator

• Similar Content

• By Dave Bradfute
      I'm gonna do some baby backs this weekend and would like to hear some opinions. 

1. Temp. I'm thinking low and slow at about 225 to 250
      2. Time - wrapped vs. unwrapped. 5 1/2 hours ish?

I used to do mine in a pellet with the 3-2-1 method, although for BB's I did 3-1-.5.

Let me hear your methods and why.

• By Tarnation
      Smoke rolls early in the morning for this rack of ribs and a prime brisket.  Binder is mustard, rub for the ribs is a Traeger rub I poached from dad, rub for the brisket is Thundering Longhorn beef rub. I'll keep you updated.

• By social assassin
      This past weekend I attempted my first cook of baby back ribs on my new Kamado Joe Classic II.  I read on this forum that the 2-2-1 cooking method was the best option but my ribs came out dry.  I would say that half of my 2 slabs were too dry.  I used the EasyBBQ thermometer to monitor the temperature and the rib meat got to a temp of 212 and I was able to keep grill temp between 250 to 280 degrees.  What did I do wrong?  Is the rib temp of 212 too high?  Were my grill temps too high?  Also, I did use the deflector plates to produce indirect heat.  I would appreciate any feedback or tips.  Thanks.

SA

• By PatrickYYC
      Hi all,

I will be firing up my big joe for the first time tomorrow for some baby back ribs.

I have done ribs before on my Bradley smoker & weber gaser using the 3-2-0.5 (3 hours on the smoker, 2 hours wrapped on the Weber and 0.5 hours with sauce). I do the last two steps on the weber just because the ribs are more accessible for wrapping and sauce. Family usually loves these.

Ribs on the Joe:

I am planning on dry rub, no sugar ~5 hours @ 225-250 with no wrap, occasional spritzing and add sauce for last 30 minutes or so.

Questions:
      1- Is a drop pan necessary? Dry or with liquid in it? Based on my reading so far, I think not necessary other than to keep the heat deflector clean... opinions?
      2- To wrap or not to wrap? It seems both are acceptable. preferences? impact?
      3- how do I know they are done? by temp? bones? probe?

Any other suggestions?

I'll post during and after pics tomorrow.

Thanks

• By ClayB
      Had a day off so while doing some Honey do's around the house I smoked some ribs for supper.