Finally took the plunge and bought a Vision

theGeek

Been shopping around and researching for a long time and was at Cabelas and ALMOST dropped the $1300 on a Kamado Joe. Nothing against it but I knew there was no way I could justify the purchase to my wife.

So I hopped down the road to Home Depot and grabbed the Vision Kamado. So far I'm thoroughly impressed with the build quality.

Haven't had a chance to try it due to rain but I'm really excited to get this going.

Not sure what I'm going to cook first but I'm looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart decision.  I too just bought my Vision B diamond cut from Sam's....1 week ago today. 

I am extremely satisfied with it.  In a week I've done steaks twice, burgers, veggies, stuffed jalapeños, rack of lamb chops, pork ribs, and a Boston butt.  After 2++ years of researching, I see no justification for spending twice the price just to get a red or a green Kamado cooker. 

Happy grilling. 

@ClayB - "... no justification for spending twice the price just to get a red or greenKamado cooker ..."?  Why didn't you buy an Akorn?  Not everyone's consumption function is the same as yours.  And the fact that I've got a couple of Komodo Kamados must make you think I'm the village idiot! ;-)  [You would not be alone in that assessment! :-D]

Enjoy your Vision and here's to great cooks!

I really like the divided grate on the JK but $1300 start point for anything of reasonable size is too salty for me.  

Just FYI...I liked the D&C setup too. I got a knockoff by Aura Outdoors for my Vision Pro S that was $99 for the Entire setup...base rack, two diffuser halves, two half racks and the rack extender. As near as I can tell, it is EXACTLY like the D&C.

I have. My heart set on getting the rig spider combo with the split ceramic deflector from Ceramic Grill Store. It's pricey at $186 but haven't found anything else that is as versatile and suitable to me. Guess I'll pony up the money.

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2017 at 4:20 PM, The Machine said:

Just FYI...I liked the D&C setup too. I got a knockoff by Aura Outdoors for my Vision Pro S that was $99 for the Entire setup...base rack, two diffuser halves, two half racks and the rack extender. As near as I can tell, it is EXACTLY like the D&C.

Any clues as to the name or where it can be found? I was only able to locate the bracket portion on Amazon.

[mention=13867]Pop52[/mention]

I have. My heart set on getting the rig spider combo with the split ceramic deflector from Ceramic Grill Store. It's pricey at $186 but haven't found anything else that is as versatile and suitable to me. Guess I'll pony up the money.

You wouldn't regret it, they make quality products.

It is by Aura Outdoor products. It is called the Pro-Zone system...$99

http:// https://auraoutdoorproducts.com/collections/grilling-stuff/products/the-m-z-multi-zone-cooking-kit?variant=1261349020

They were showing the pro zone out of stock but I pieced it together with the cast iron grates and griddles. It was a little more expensive but I wanted the cast iron stuff anyway.

Looking forward to running it through its paces.

Got a Diamond B from Sam's for Father's Day. Had my second run last night and grilled pork chops, chicken breast, and steak. I was uneasy at first but I am starting to love this grill.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Just now, uhmump95 said:

Got a Diamond B from Sam's for Father's Day. Had my second run last night and grilled pork chops, chicken breast, and steak. I was uneasy at first but I am starting to love this grill.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Welcome, please stop by and introduce yourself. 

On 5/28/2017 at 3:20 PM, The Machine said:

Do you have a link to this setup?  I like the price point.