Finally took the plunge and bought a Vision

theGeek

On 5/28/2017 at 11:09 AM, theGeek said:

Been shopping around and researching for a long time and was at Cabelas and ALMOST dropped the $1300 on a Kamado Joe. Nothing against it but I knew there was no way I could justify the purchase to my wife.

So I hopped down the road to Home Depot and grabbed the Vision Kamado. So far I'm thoroughly impressed with the build quality.

Haven't had a chance to try it due to rain but I'm really excited to get this going.

Not sure what I'm going to cook first but I'm looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You made an excellent choice!  Enjoy!

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/28/2017 at 3:20 PM, The Machine said:

Just FYI...I liked the D&C setup too. I got a knockoff by Aura Outdoors for my Vision Pro S that was $99 for the Entire setup...base rack, two diffuser halves, two half racks and the rack extender. As near as I can tell, it is EXACTLY like the D&C.

One question for you.  Do the grates that come with the Vision work on the Aura outdoors set up?

I just pulled the trigger myself on a Diamond Cut from Sam's. Been eyeing it since I saw one in the store about a month ago and saw in the sales and deals forum where they were on sale for $399. That's exactly what I was waiting for. Going to pick it up tomorrow.

53 minutes ago, Raptor said:

For that price that is a heck of a deal!

I have to thank this forum for me finding out. I had been checking the price hoping for it to go on sale but it had not changed. Luckily, by seeing the deal posted on here I figured out I needed to register online with Sams to see the sale price.

On 8/13/2017 at 4:06 PM, CarolinaCooker said:

I have to thank this forum for me finding out. I had been checking the price hoping for it to go on sale but it had not changed. Luckily, by seeing the deal posted on here I figured out I needed to register online with Sams to see the sale price.

Me too, alot of good information here. I am taking the plunge too. Will be picking my Vision up from Sam's tomorrow night. 

• 2 weeks later...

$399 is a great deal. I picked mine up earlier in the year for $499, still a great deal. I was worried they would run out of stock like last year and didn't want to wait. At least that's the excuse I used!

Love the diamond cut B and how good it cooks. Can't imagine using anything else..