Sign in to follow this  
Hoosierref

Vision from HD looks pinkish

Anyone else just get a Chili Red grill from Home Depot and notice it's not even close to the deep red they have on their site?  It's almost got a pinkish hue to it.  Can't wait to try it, but waited 3 weeks for this color, and now a bit bummed.

20170601_064440.jpg

mine is the same.  and yeah, i shared your reaction too.  but after having used it for the past 6+/- wks, i find that i'm not fussed by the off-colour anymore at all.  it allows me to cook delicious food, and that's what matters more.  plus it comes with cover ;-)

you may just find that the colour will grow on you a bit, esp if you're able to locate it in such a way as having a garden for a backdrop.

light your charcoal, have a cold beverage, and enjoy all that it can offer.

I'm wondering if a hand application of something like Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax would darken the hue a touch.  I wonder if the wax application would be okay with the heat (it gets hot on my black Mustang!).  

1 hour ago, bluayeddvl said:

mine is the same.  and yeah, i shared your reaction too.  but after having used it for the past 6+/- wks, i find that i'm not fussed by the off-colour anymore at all.  it allows me to cook delicious food, and that's what matters more.  plus it comes with cover ;-)

you may just find that the colour will grow on you a bit, esp if you're able to locate it in such a way as having a garden for a backdrop.

light your charcoal, have a cold beverage, and enjoy all that it can offer.

I agree with you.  But the wife sure liked how it was going to match other things on the deck.  

26 minutes ago, GLOCKer said:

I'm wondering if a hand application of something like Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax would darken the hue a touch.  I wonder if the wax application would be okay with the heat (it gets hot on my black Mustang!).  

Good idea.  I have an entire arsenal of car care products.  Can't see how it would hurt.

22 hours ago, Hoosierref said:

Anyone else just get a Chili Red grill from Home Depot and notice it's not even close to the deep red they have on their site?  It's almost got a pinkish hue to it.  Can't wait to try it, but waited 3 weeks for this color, and now a bit bummed.

20170601_064440.jpg

Vision Grills Kamado Professional Ceramic Charcoal Grill in Chili Red with Grill Cover

Good idea.  I have an entire arsenal of car care products.  Can't see how it would hurt.

Bad idea. It's ceramic. It's essentially covered with a thin layer of glass, like any ceramic that's been glazed and fired. Not only will it not change the colour or gloss level permanently, anything you put on it will burn/cook off. It could also impart undesirable taste/smell/poison into your food. Save the car car products for your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk