pathos

Taste of the Islands Chicken Rub

I'll prolly never get to actually go on an exotic vacation so I am looking for an authentic Island rub for my kamado grilled chicken.  I mean it doesn't have to have rum or anything, but maybe some Island spices like lime, and all spice, etc..   not too many ingredients, something simple but distinct and yummy too.  thanks.  actually I think this would be a good suggestion for a challenge as well e.g. a dish from the Islands.  what islands?  the EXOTIC islands of course!

yo....landscaper.....you nailed it buddy.  that recipe has tropical written all over it.   can't wait to experiment with this fresh herbs and spices mix.   I'm curious about adding rum to the marinade.  looks like a keeper.

On 7/26/2019 at 9:03 PM, landscaper said:

It's a great recipe.  I think you're going to like it. 

Funny thing is I have some marinating in the fridge right now.  Lol!

My favorite..

The one on the left that is...Adams.

DSC01938.thumb.JPG.060171d47dd9f5af6745132bc095e31c.JPG

I first saw it at a local HEB store but a year later they were out so I googled it and bought it direct from Adams.

I bought three large size but later it re-appeared at HEB in Austin.

I like to cut the bird in half season heavily then freeze for at least two weeks to let it brine the bird.

Serious good eating when cooked indirect at around 400 degrees for 40 minutes or so, then direct for two or three minutes per side to crisp.

You might like Hawaiian huli huli chicken.  There are commercial rubs and marinades.  I have a recipe that's pretty darn good.

It's a copy of the Hawaiian street vendor chicken that's roasted over coals.  Before their spits were mechanized the pit master had an assistant turn the chicken whenever they yelled, "Huli, huli" (turn, turn).

I'll post in in the recipe section.