Baby brisket flat

mike929

Dry and definitly not juicy. Not sure if I should have pulled earlier, wrapped earlier...or what.

I probably will not go this small again.eb2a0f3f5404e42fdebd248598c4abdf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Well shoot, I just bought a 5.3 pound flat yesterday to put on my vision tomorrow. My plan is to pretty much cook it like you did but wrap it at 160. I have always bought and smoked a whole brisket but went small since it is the first time to smoke one on my vision. I was not planning on a water pan but I think I will use one. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well shoot, I just bought a 5.3 pound flat yesterday to put on my vision tomorrow. My plan is to pretty much cook it like you did but wrap it at 160. I have always bought and smoked a whole brisket but went small since it is the first time to smoke one on my vision. I was not planning on a water pan but I think I will use one. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the post.

Sounds like 5-6 pounders can come out ok. And for all I know so can 2lb. I will not rule out operator error. I would like to see how yours comes out. Good luck....

I'm doing spare ribs today.....

Costco has been the best source for me. I usually get the whole brisket; but I was too late on Memorial Weekend. They only had flats left.

Thanks, I'll start checking there.

Sounds like 5-6 pounders can come out ok. And for all I know so can 2lb. I will not rule out operator error. I would like to see how yours comes out. Good luck....

I'm doing spare ribs today.....

I failed to take pictures, family was here and just didn't get around to it. I cooked it by temperature without regard to time. Wrapped it at 165 and added a cup of beef stock and put it back on 250 grill and let it cook until it reached 205 internal. Then wrapped it in a towel and placed it inside an insulated cooler for 2 hours. Turned out real good, although a little dry, it was after all the flat. Saved the juice for au jus to dip in. That was really good.

I failed to take pictures, family was here and just didn't get around to it. I cooked it by temperature without regard to time. Wrapped it at 165 and added a cup of beef stock and put it back on 250 grill and let it cook until it reached 205 internal. Then wrapped it in a towel and placed it inside an insulated cooler for 2 hours. Turned out real good, although a little dry, it was after all the flat. Saved the juice for au jus to dip in. That was really good.

Nice. Sounds like you did it right. Or as best you can with a flat.

Next I think I will do some pork belly burnt ends.