Sign in to follow this  
diver165

Temporary Stand

OK, new guy with a Primo XL.  I am DYING to get it unpacked and running.  But I didn't order the Primo table or stand.  I want to build my own.  And to be honest, as much as I love the look of granite, quartz or composites, I'm not looking forward to spending 800-1000 on a top.  So I am really leaning towards concrete.  But that adds another 2-3 weeks or more for prep, pour, sand, stain and seal.  I'm looking at cast in place counter top.  As I really don't like the thoughts of trying to flip and move a 400lb slab of concrete.

I CAN NOT DEAL WITH THAT TIME FRAME!!!!  

I wanna use my grill!  SO I need to come up with something simple, cheap but safe enough to use my Primo while I'm in construction mode.  I'm thinking like a simple 2' x 3' x 2' box frame with the top made out of patio pavers.  Set the grill down on that to act as a sturdy stand.  Maybe add some casters

Ideas?  

On 6/8/2017 at 5:23 PM, diver165 said:

OK, new guy with a Primo XL.  I am DYING to get it unpacked and running.  But I didn't order the Primo table or stand.  I want to build my own.  And to be honest, as much as I love the look of granite, quartz or composites, I'm not looking forward to spending 800-1000 on a top.  So I am really leaning towards concrete.  But that adds another 2-3 weeks or more for prep, pour, sand, stain and seal.  I'm looking at cast in place counter top.  As I really don't like the thoughts of trying to flip and move a 400lb slab of concrete.

I CAN NOT DEAL WITH THAT TIME FRAME!!!!  

I wanna use my grill!  SO I need to come up with something simple, cheap but safe enough to use my Primo while I'm in construction mode.  I'm thinking like a simple 2' x 3' x 2' box frame with the top made out of patio pavers.  Set the grill down on that to act as a sturdy stand.  Maybe add some casters

Ideas?  

Not sure if you have a temp solution yet as I just saw this.  I was in the exact same boat.  This is my temp stand.  Made all out of scrap 2 x 4s.  I used 3 inch heavy duty casters (2 locking).  For my "real" table I'll prob use 5" heavier duty.   Note that it's all under cover on my back porch.  If yours is uncovered you'll want to use pressure treated lumber with stainless hardware depending on how long the stand will be in use.  Another poster (rightly) suggested that I put a back on it.  I have not done that but have not had any issues.  It moves easily though I don't move it much.

20170408_195611.jpg

20170408_195708.jpg

20170430_174226.jpg

I like the temp solution.  I may do something like that.  

I have a Akorn and Primo XL too!

Wait...have you been hanging around my garage?!?  LOL

I did until last weekend when I gave the Akorn to my bro-in-law. I miss it but at least I kept it in the family.  I will be investing in an Akorn Jr. in the near future.  Also started table construction for the Primo but that's for another thread ;)