Sign in to follow this  
John Setzler

Ben's custom knife handles

1 minute ago, Polar Bear said:

Sexy

Does he buy the blades and then swap out the handles?

Ever since Shun discontinued their left handed Classic line I've been thinking about some custom handles for my knives

To date, I buy blades from chefknivestogo and rehandle them.  I have a few nakiri and petty blanks cut out in the shop and need to carve out time to work on them.   

What knives are you thinking of?  I have been focusing on hidden tang ambidextrous tapered octagonal handles.  

31 minutes ago, Mewantkj said:

To date, I buy blades from chefknivestogo and rehandle them.  I have a few nakiri and petty blanks cut out in the shop and need to carve out time to work on them.   

What knives are you thinking of?  I have been focusing on hidden tang ambidextrous tapered octagonal handles.  

Standard stuff

Need an 8inch chefs knife plus a couple others

Already have a 10in Shun classic that is balanced for a left hander and I love it
Had planned to fill a whole block with left handed classics but they discontinued them before I could get around to it

I've had this one for years and would love to get it rehandled. The bone ferrule keeps slipping off no matter what I do. 72022535785b4f98bdea8e139d990f52.jpg2cd240ac4e58e026d01386261e854316.jpg

1 hour ago, Doctor_big said:

I've had this one for years and would love to get it rehandled. The bone ferrule keeps slipping off no matter what I do. 72022535785b4f98bdea8e139d990f52.jpg2cd240ac4e58e026d01386261e854316.jpg

I am going to assume you want more details on the process.  Feel free to email me bensbites at gmail. Check out current my current inventory in my bensbites Etsy store, or you can look at my Instagram feeds to see they types of handles I have made of custom work is more interesting @bensbites and @ben_makes on Instagram. Lastly you can always stop by the bensbites subforum on chefknivestogoforums.com .

I am going to assume you want more details on the process.  Feel free to email me bensbites at gmail. Check out current my current inventory in my bensbites Etsy store, or you can look at my Instagram feeds to see they types of handles I have made of custom work is more interesting @bensbites and @ben_makes on Instagram. Lastly you can always stop by the bensbites subforum on chefknivestogoforums.com .

It was only a matter of time. d50975d1cfbccb19d5cf6932bb612acc.jpg