dws780

Costco Pit Boss

Costco is currently having a sale on the Pit Boss for $649. I missed last year's deal at $399.

Does anyone know if that deal will come back on at end of season sale? I'm in no rush to get it.

In store is $150 less than the online price. I don't know why but they include shipped price on their website.

I wonder if they will price match...I purchased mine back in April. 

Yes I store is cheaper because they don't have to pay for shipping. Usually the price drops in the middle of June. Get one now and if it drops further you can get the additional discount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One helper may not be enough...mine was almost too heavy for two..

Getting it into a pickup (full size Chevy) took motorcycle ramps and a thick blanket on top of a thick piece of cardboard on the ramps and with one person pulling the blanket and with the other pushing the crate it was very hard to do.

Getting it off was of course much easier but when it came time to place the egg in the stand, we struggled quite a bit again, it's raw human power versus gravity, so gather some people to help.

3 hours ago, dws780 said:

Yeah I will check the store out gotta make sure I have someone to go with because it's like 300lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with a small child to help and had no trouble.  Costco employees will help you load it into your truck or trailer.  The hard part doesn't start until you get home.

BTW, that picture above looks exactly like the one I took and posted in another thread on Monday.   

6 hours ago, CeramicChef said:

@dws780 - you may have seen that price after Labor Day as a season close out price to get rid of seasonal inventory.  I wouldn't bet on it.  If it happens, fine.  If not, well, you know how that goes.  Good luck.

Last year around this time there was a $200 manufacturers rebate which brought the in-store price from $599 to $399.  This year the rebate is only $100.  I wouldn't be surprised if that is the final mark down, but I guess it depends on how many they sell and how many are left over.  Personally I think it is a great buy at $599 so any mark down is just gravy.  

I saw one in our Costco today for $499 so I figured I'd come here and see if they are worth it. The lid on the one on display wouldn't even go but 3/4 of the way closed, so that wasn't much help. This one had the black side tables, so I was wondering what year it is. Thanks for any info. 

1 hour ago, ncsmoking said:

I saw one in our Costco today for $499 so I figured I'd come here and see if they are worth it. The lid on the one on display wouldn't even go but 3/4 of the way closed, so that wasn't much help. This one had the black side tables, so I was wondering what year it is. Thanks for any info. 

Welcome, please stop by and introduce yourself. 

Ben

10 hours ago, ncsmoking said:

The 2017 has black side tables but they are in strips, not solid.

Also the 17 has a spark shield slider (bunch of holes drilled in it) along with the solid slider on the air intake AND it comes with a diffuser.