Sign in to follow this  
ckreef

Peach Balsamic Bellini

This one is for you @Aussie Joe

I saw something similar cruising the internet. A light bulb went off in my head. Never thought to put vinegar in an adult beverage but hey I'm willing to try anything at least once. Besides the Peach White Balsamic vinegar is so good you can sip it straight from the bottle. Bellini's are sort of a girlie drink but add a shot of Voda to man it up a little - LOL 

Anywho,  1 oz Peach White Balsamic vinegar, 1 oz 90 proof vodka, fill the glass with a sweet champagne. Dang that was good. As I type this a tear is streaming down my face - the last of my Peach White Balsamic but at least I put it to good use. 

PBBa.jpg

PBBb.jpg

I don't drink alcohol, but that sounds like a 'shrub' aka drinking vinegar. I had my first drinking vinegar (pineapple) at Pok Pok in Portland a few years ago (they also cook a lot of their food over coconut charcoal. They sell that charcoal on Amazon, and it ain't cheap.)

I tried making some myself when I got home with some blueberries. I must have gotten some strain of a '-cillin' out of the air. I had a bad reaction to it. Got a rash all over my body. It was the worst on my face and my left eye was completely swollen shut. I'm allergic to all of the '-cillin' medications.

I didn't give up, though. A few months ago, I made some apple drinking vinegar and it came out pretty good. 

When you sent the link to the place where you got your vinegars, that was the first thing I thought of. It'd be a lot safer for me to go that route. lol

Pok Pok also sells their drinking vinegars on Amazon. I might have to give them a shot.

28 minutes ago, cschaaf said:

I don't drink alcohol, but that sounds like a 'shrub' aka drinking vinegar. I had my first drinking vinegar (pineapple) at Pok Pok in Portland a few years ago (they also cook a lot of their food over coconut charcoal. They sell that charcoal on Amazon, and it ain't cheap.)

I tried making some myself when I got home with some blueberries. I must have gotten some strain of a '-cillin' out of the air. I had a bad reaction to it. Got a rash all over my body. It was the worst on my face and my left eye was completely swollen shut. I'm allergic to all of the '-cillin' medications.

I didn't give up, though. A few months ago, I made some apple drinking vinegar and it came out pretty good. 

When you sent the link to the place where you got your vinegars, that was the first thing I thought of. It'd be a lot safer for me to go that route. lol

Pok Pok also sells their drinking vinegars on Amazon. I might have to give them a shot.

The white balsamic vinegars are really mellow. When I say you can sip from the bottle I'm not joking. That Peach White Balsamic is so good for so many things. 

BTW - wouldn't want to go through your experience. 

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I can see that happening a nice summer drink .I've not touch my bottle waiting to find something worthy .the Salas recipe it's great

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

I've seen all the Peach Balsamic cooks you've posted. You must be almost out. I'll be listening for the moaning from down under. Then I'll know it's time to reorder for us. 

LOL 

I've seen all the Peach Balsamic cooks you've posted. You must be almost out. I'll be listening for the moaning from down under. Then I'll know it's time to reorder for us. 

LOL 

More like a thunder roar of Oh No

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill