Joe Jr. Update?

Smokey1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2017 at 6:34 AM, Phatman said:

I think an ash drawer would be a game changer. Cleaning the jr out is a pain in my opinion.  It's so much more difficult than the other sizes.  

This is why God invented portable shop vacs. :-D

The one thing I would really like to see them change is allowing more space between the heat deflector in the upper position and the grate to allow more of an air gap between the two. Either lowering the position of the delector or raising the grate would work. Currently I place some stainless steel nuts on the ends of the rack to raise the grate to keep it from resting on the delector. 

An ash ash drawer would be nice as well.

49 minutes ago, Panchango said:

I'd like to see an updated firebox design.  I have cracked two in the last couple of years.

I'll second that for a new firebox design. Been through one myself. 

On 6/22/2017 at 9:20 AM, Smokey1 said:

Anyone have suggestions one what to put a Joe Jr. on?  Are people just putting them on a table, custom built platform, or just setting it on the ground?

I'm eyeballing a little stand we are using to cover the litterbox. Looks like the perfect height. Need to get approval from CINC-House first. If not then a metal frame stand of some sort, I'd like wood panels but as hot as these things get I may look for a stainless top.

Pretty much everything outside "big meats".

1-2 whole chickens depending on size. Several burgers or normal size steaks etc. It's 13,5" so you can do surprisingly lot with it. Even ribs, if you use a rack or roll them.

Plenty of Jr cooks threada here. Check those out to get an idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the swift response. That's what I was hoping you'd say. It's to take camping and as a little grill for when it's just my wife and I or us and the kids as opposed to big groups doing larger catering.