• Similar Content

• By KJTerp
      Sound off everyone! What's the plan for this weekend?

I'm thinking pizza one night, and trying a smoked chuck roast/poor mans burnt ends for the other.

Both of these will be firsts for me. I think I have a pretty good idea on how to do the pizza based one what ive read here, and my experience with the devil hotbox inside the house, but any advice/input on the chuck roast would be appreciated. I've braised plenty, but this will be the first smoked one. I was planning on treating it exactly like brisket, with just a shorter overall cook time.
    • By Unclebub44
      This will be my first chuck roast cook on the Akorn. I’ve only cooked steaks and wings on the grill so far, so this will be a learning experience for sure. Any advice or tips are welcome. 
    • By Smoque'n
      Working on some faux burnt ends. Been smoking since 9:30am. Almost ready to pull and cube up.

• By BEER-N-BBQ by Larry
      I made this last Friday controlling the cook remotely while I was away watching the latest Star Wars movie with my son.

Pecan & hickory smoked pulled beef sandwiches, braised in a dutch oven on my kamado, and served on buns; one topped with homemade horseradish cream sauce and another with barbecue sauce. Simply awesome!

Recipe Ingredients:
      One 3 lb chuck roast
      1 large onion
      2 large peppers, mild/med/hot whatever
      Sprigs of thyme and oregano
      coarse salt
      black pepper
      Burger Buns
      Horseradish Cream Sauce
      Optional dark beer for additional braising liquid if necessary.

View the entire charted cook at ShareMyCook.com.

Other videos/products mentioned:
      Back To Basics Brisket - Beef, Smoke, Salt, & Pepper in Perfect Harmony
      BBQ Guru CyberQ Cloud Temperature Controller
    • By Dub
      Long day at work yessaday.

No lies....it sucked and was a grind.

Made it through and finally made it to my truck for the ride home.

Called into headquarters and spoke with my son about dinner plans.  We both agreed that tacos sounded great.

Made it home and pulled apart the leftover jerk chicken and chuck roast.   Put in a pot with some taco seasoning & beer and let it simmer a while.

Had 6 soft shells and 6 hard shells on hand.

Frijoles, cheese and sauce in between the layers.

He killed these four and then grabbed up one of the remaining two.  I made off with the lone taco and it was mighty good.