coferj

Another K7 in the forum

I'm guessing locating a diffuser for these things is on the side of impossible. Maybe I can see if galaxy has something that would work. The diffuser may have been lost in all of the moves. 

K_sqrd showed the actual factory rack.  I attached a photo which shows the original X-Rack for the diffuser as well.  I have the old wire basket insert which has the flat topped handles, which give an even lower location to rest the diffuser stone.  A new rack can be purchased from the company which makes the "rocket" in Las Vegas (Galaxyoutdoor.com).  I got my stone from Californiapizzastones.com

It is made from a material more durable than a standard pizza stone.  It is chemically closer to a kiln stone in terms of it's composition. 

qtr wire firebasket plus lower grate holder.jpg

23 minutes ago, Addertooth said:

K_sqrd showed the actual factory rack.  I attached a photo which shows the original X-Rack for the diffuser as well.  I have the old wire basket insert which has the flat topped handles, which give an even lower location to rest the diffuser stone.  A new rack can be purchased from the company which makes the "rocket" in Las Vegas (Galaxyoutdoor.com).  I got my stone from Californiapizzastones.com

It is made from a material more durable than a standard pizza stone.  It is chemically closer to a kiln stone in terms of it's composition. 

qtr wire firebasket plus lower grate holder.jpg

Ok I don't have the same basket. My handles are shorter and more angled outward than that. 

IMG_20170626_165240~2.jpg

Ok, I "made" a video on crack repair on my K7.  It is literally the first video I have made in a DIY fashion, so it may not be up to snuff.  But, if y'all wouldn't mind, take a peek and let me know what you think?  I'm not posting it as an expert, obviously...just figured that K7 videos may be something needed on Youtube, as they are kinda few and far between.

Kamado K7 restoration - Dome Crack Repair

To remove the lid on a K7, you will have to remove three bolts and one of the bands. Take a look at this

thread, scroll down to Addertooth's post on Nov. 18 where he comments on the band bolt removal.