carophill11

Vision pro S series experiences?

I've had my Vision Pro S Series for almost 2 years and Love it. I have many friends with BGE and I actually think the Vision Pro S is not only comparable, but some of the features I like. The ash drawer is very convenient and the slot for the electric starter for when you want to use it is nice. THe numbered air vents are nice for setting up cooks. I have tried many brands of Lump, but for me, I keep coming back the BGE Lump. I know its made by Royal, but I think the quality is a little better. My Lava stone has held up so far, but will probably get a spider in the near future. Definetly get a couple good bluetooth digital probes. I've done many long cooks averaging 12 hours and the temp held constant throughout.

Needless to say, I think you made a great decision and I'm sure your boyfriend is going to be crazy excited.

Just my humble opinion but maybe others will weigh in....

Men...would you want to wait until the 15th just because it was your birthday?! LOL Give it to him now so he can crack that box open, inspect it for damage, build it, and get a few practice runs in this weekend. That way by his birthday, he can make a little something on it for people to try, assuming there's a small gathering. I'm not saying a whole meal, but something to sample.

You are a WONDERFUL girlfriend, all that effort and thought. I'm just speaking for me, I'd happy accept it earlier than my birthday and want to use it to bring enjoyment to my loved one. In this case, half the fun is not in building it, it's in lighting it up for the first time!

Fellas? 

I have had a Vision Pro C for six years.  I love it.  I have never had my firebox crack.  Installed new gaskets after the first ones wore out.  I did order the nomex ones.  I have spent way more in toys for it than the grill costs but I wanted them.  I did buy a Kamado Joe Jr. this winter and I find I am using that much more now because there are only two of us.   It heats up much faster but for large cooks ( I will be smoking bacon next week), the Vision serves my purposes.  I can't imagine getting anything bigger now.

Just my humble opinion but maybe others will weigh in....

Men...would you want to wait until the 15th just because it was your birthday?! LOL Give it to him now so he can crack that box open, inspect it for damage, build it, and get a few practice runs in this weekend. That way by his birthday, he can make a little something on it for people to try, assuming there's a small gathering. I'm not saying a whole meal, but something to sample.

You are a WONDERFUL girlfriend, all that effort and thought. I'm just speaking for me, I'd happy accept it earlier than my birthday and want to use it to bring enjoyment to my loved one. In this case, half the fun is not in building it, it's in lighting it up for the first time!

Fellas? 

I totally agree, mucho bonus points. Great job!!! Lucky guy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree on giving it to him early. I just got my Vision S and was like a child at Christmas. There was joy in picking it up, there was joy in putting it together, but the ultimate joy was cooking on it for my family, being able to produce something. 

On 6/27/2017 at 9:42 AM, carophill11 said:

I'd just bought a tarp and some twine to wrap it up with until his birthday, so once my sweaty, panting butt had it in the right spot, I proceeded to manically cover and wrap it. Of course, the tarp I'd gotten ended up being too small, so I had to sprint like a crazy person through our sea of confused and terrified kitties go rustling through my old backpacking stuff for a camping tarp that he wouldn't know was mine. I eventually got the thing squared away without the boy showing up during the process - he stopped by about 5 minutes later, though, while I was still sweaty and panicked!  I got home just in time, haha.

Whew! Now to wait until the 15th to give to to him!!

Well....How did he like it ?  First Cook yet ?   :good: