Pork Butt Day Ahead of Party

I've got a little concern.  Generally, I cook and eat a pork butt the same day, a few hours after cooking it.  Tomorrow I am going to smoke a butt for a gathering on Sunday afternoon.  I was going to smoke it and pull it then store it in the refrigerator overnight.

When we get to our party I was going to put it in my slow cooker with some barbeque sauce to warm it up and infuse the flavors.  Do you think I will be okay?  Seems the preferred method is to warm it back up in plastic bags or sous vide?  

Fotoman

I have cooked up 6 butts a week prior, cooled them, vac packed, stored, and then sous vide at 140. Nobody can tell that they were cooked a week prior.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!  Saw this too late to follow your advice Smokey1.  The butt has been on for 5 hours and it's already at 175º internal.  I've got it tented right now but I'm not getting much juice from it.

I don't have a sous vide so that's out.  I'm going to let it finish, pull it after a couple of hours and bag it.  I'll warm it up using hot water and then add the bbq sauce.

Trying to figure out why an 8 lb.

roast is cooking so quickly.  I was expecting at leat 8-10 hours at 250º F.

Here's what it looked like at 0530 hrs this morning.

PorkButtStart.JPG

1 hour ago, Chasdev said:

Are you cooking at the gasket level or up in the dome on the 2nd shelf?

Temps are higher up there and meat cooks hotter and faster.

I'm at the gasket level.  Right now the internal temp is holding at 184º.  Has been for the past hour so I think it will go a little longer.  Time now is 11:58 CST.  It's been on the Joe since 5:30 a.m.  

Here's what it looks like right now at 184º.

Image may contain: food

43 minutes ago, robertyb said:

Sounds like you are in the stall right now. 

I'm sure.  Deciding whether to wrap it or not.  So close to done I don't think the "Crutch" would matter.

Well, took it out at 200º wrapped in double foil and a towel and let it rest for two hours.  The result is fantastic.  Great bark and very moist and tasty.  I think those Mississippians will be very pleased tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for the input and guidance.

1 hour ago, Chasdev said:

My wife is visiting her relatives up near Jackson right now, and she's bringing a butt that was cooked in a BGE back with her on the plane!

I hope it makes it back.  TSA might want to inspect it.

Well, took it out at 200º wrapped in double foil and a towel and let it rest for two hours.  The result is fantastic.  Great bark and very moist and tasty.  I think those Mississippians will be very pleased tomorrow.
Thanks to everyone for the input and guidance.

Perfect, foil , towel and cooler for me. More than enough juice as it sits in the cooler for a couple of hours resting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk