5 hours ago, Likes Big Butts said:

I LOVE my Jr.  I actually want to buy another one so I have a spare just in case and/or maybe I use both while camping.  I would get another one now but am waiting to see if Walmart does its annual purge and offers them on clearance.

Us brickseek.com to check Walmarts around you for sales. The SKU # is 52497343 for Akorn Jr.

19 hours ago, JeffieBoy said:

I like the Jr for direct cooks like steaks and things.  The meat sits closer to the flame so the grill gets hotter for searing.  It also fits nicely between the seats of my boat and I take with me on road trips with the boys.  I like to get to the lake about 6-8 hours ahead of everyone, setup a Pork Shoulder and have hot pig waiting with nice fresh Portuguese rolls for when everybody arrives.  A great start to the fishing trips.

I want to fishing with you :)

4 hours ago, JTM81 said:

This is sooooo tempting. I have a Akorn, but i'm really thinking about the Jr. for quick cooks like steaks  me and the wife.

For $100 you really can't go wrong. 

Yep. I am seeing in the Facebook group people reporting $91 or $74 for the Jrs. at some Walmarts around the country. Can't beat that price. My wife paid $147 for it on Father's Day. 

I also saw a brilliant mod for them that's cheap and solves their biggest issue, stature. No need for a table or putting ice on your back after grilling. That's just three pieces of PVC. The guy who posted it said they had them at HD pre-cut:

20247719_10211508698927898_5359161658542229594_o.jpg

Out here in central CA, just found for $74 at Wally World as well.  Gave my Akorn that I got for something like $90, again at Wally World to son who moved out.  He loves it, and I figured the Jr. would be great for little cooks for my shrinking household, don't always have to break out the big Vision ceramic kamado.  Love these things.  If you have a WalMart, keep cruising the outdoor areas, they make crazy decisions sometimes.  The one I gave away, they'd had marked down to about $140 or something or other for a long while.  One day I was BS'ing with the dept. mgr and asked why they couldn't seem to move them and she said they were going to go back to full price and these boxes had been outdoors for a while, i.e., a little beat up...  Then she said, you know what, I'm just going to make a decision and mark it down to the $90 or whatever it was and get it out of her hair.  At that point, she sold one on the spot.  

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy....

I bought one at $91 yesterday. If any of you shop Walmart often or use their grocery pickup service, you should download the Walmart app and use Savings Catcher. The premise of it is that you submit your receipt and then their system searches competitors for a certain amount of time to see if there is a cheaper price for the items you bought. And if there is, you get the difference. I typically get between 1 and 5 percent back on my groceries every week. I cashed in my savings catcher rewards on my Jr and got the price down to $50. :)

6 minutes ago, nstigator said:

I bought one at $91 yesterday. If any of you shop Walmart often or use their grocery pickup service, you should download the Walmart app and use Savings Catcher. The premise of it is that you submit your receipt and then their system searches competitors for a certain amount of time to see if there is a cheaper price for the items you bought. And if there is, you get the difference. I typically get between 1 and 5 percent back on my groceries every week. I cashed in my savings catcher rewards on my Jr and got the price down to $50. :)

I tried that a while ago. It found me some savings but would never let me cash them out. I gave up on it.