Sign in to follow this  
Werepanda

New guy from the "sunshine" state

Although I think it has rained every afternoon for the last month and half, kind of puts the damper on firing up the new toy when I get home from work!

Anyway, my awesome wife got me a Kamado Joe JR. for fathers day (I must have been good this year, but I'll be darned if I remember actually being good) and I finally was able to do my first cook on it this last Saturday.  I've owned and played with a gas grill for too many years to recall, but apparently I am absolutely awful at using it because the pork I got from the JR was sooooooooo much better than anything I've done on the gas before. 

Looking forward to stealing *oops* I mean learning from you all how to get a LOT better! 

Welcome, glad to have you and your KJ Junior with us. Most of us have stories about the difference between what we cooked before and what we can produce on our kamados.  " Oh, come on, really, you cooked this" my wife's actually comment after her first taste of kamado chicken, years ago. Theft of recipes, techniques, and cooking secrets, is actually considered a compliment here. Enjoy your new grill and the forum conversation.