JC33

kontrol tower top vent paint/coating issue

Based on the date stamped on my KJC2, it was manufactured in nov 2018. After several smokes, my powder coat looks like many in this thread. At first I thought it was gunk, but after removing it to clean thoroughly, I noticed it has a little bit of gunk, but most of it is actually coating bubbling and peeling. Maybe I got old stock, but it seems like current units might still have the isue.

14 minutes ago, horseshoes said:

Based on the date stamped on my KJC2, it was manufactured in nov 2018. After several smokes, my powder coat looks like many in this thread. At first I thought it was gunk, but after removing it to clean thoroughly, I noticed it has a little bit of gunk, but most of it is actually coating bubbling and peeling. Maybe I got old stock, but it seems like current units might still have the isue.

I wish they would have stayed with Cast Iron or gone with Stainless Steel for the vent instead.  

It’s hard to keep paint from stripping with Aluminum.  It’s not a porous metal like CI.  The paint only sits on the surface and will scrape off easily no matter what you do.