• Similar Content

• By LJS
      Hi Kamado Peeps,
      So, my friend bought me a 100 day grain fed Cattleman’s cut. I went reversed seared method, but not finished off in pan ON the GRILL
      Slowly brought her internal up to 49° Internal and rare. I had a steady burnt with cherry wood for over an hour.  Let rest and then finished off sliced on a bed on mashed potatoes, blanched asparagus with chimichurri homemade sauce.
      What a brilliant pcs of meat just so good. One day I might spend the money and try a Wagu…
      Keep smoking

• By LJS
      Hi Kamado Peeps,
      Did a reverse sear over the weekend with some chimichurri sauce.
      Scotch fillet a good inch or two thick smokes with cheery wood for about 1.30 hours and then seared. Set my probe on rare so internal was 49°but a little too rare for the wife so next time I will sear longer of go for a medium rare. The steak was fabulous for me dressed with sauce and some roasted veggies.
      I have ordered some dry aging bags, so I hope there get to me soon as I am super excite to try dry aging and then reverse searing or even just a grill/searing.
      Any tips and/or links for dry again will be appreciated.

Keep smoking

• By LJS
      Hello Kamado Peeps,
      I made the best pork belly ever with smoke flavour as well as 100% perfect crackling.
      Take your pork belly and do a lot more scoring on the skin and if you have one of those goodies with lots of spikes then spike the skin. Then ladle boiling water over the skin about 10-15 time to make sure the skin has boiled up a little. Pat dry and then place skin side down on a bed of salt, leave in fridge for 12-24 hours.
      After that just wipe the salt off the skin and add your favorite rub on the meat side.
      Cook indirect heat at 200-220°C until internal Temp is at 75°C perfection.
      Keep smoking 

• By LJS
      Hi Kamada peeps
      Chimichurri sauce with all herbs from our garden except oil and garlic, our garlic is still growing lol. Reversed seared scotch fillet with back vegetable, fresh salad and a good red.
      Keep smoking

• By Tom_V
      First cook on Joetissorie on the Akorn, and yes it fits perfect! I used a combination rub of KC's and Dinasour BBQ Cajun Foreplay. (Dinasour BBQ is the BEST BBQ restaurant in NY State) I also made a paste with same ingredients and rubbed under breast skin and inside cavity. Akorn running at 400-425 deg. Amazing flavor!