On 7/24/2017 at 4:26 PM, Charcoal Addict said:

The major flaw with the design of the of the KAB divided would be reduced airflow. The KJ design using open bar is much better.

I actually prefer the option of solid or open. I prefer solid for most cooks, especially a small 2 zone cook. For rotisserie I think divided but open is better. 

Once I have the KJ basket I will likely make a solid divider to fit it as well

On 2017-07-28 at 1:27 PM, SeaBrisket said:

Where did you hear this? I just got off the phone with a rep at KJ HQ and she denied knowledge of it and even referred me to Kick Ash.

There's a couple of images of the new divider and KJ basket on KJ's Facebook page.  The new iKamand requires more airflow than what can be provided by the CI grate.  This new design integrates into the Divide and Conquer system. 

There's no timeframe for this to be released yet.  It's still a conceptual design. 

3 minutes ago, Charcoal Addict said:

There's a couple of images of the new divider and KJ basket on KJ's Facebook page.  The new iKamand requires more airflow than what can be provided by the CI grate.  This new design integrates into the Divide and Conquer system. 

There's no timeframe for this to be released yet.  It's still a conceptual design. 

To clarify a couple of points, the addition of the charcoal basket is not to enable airflow, but to facilitate easy and thorough cleanup so the iKAMAND doesn't blow ash everywhere in rapid start mode. 

Also, it is not a concept. These are in production and should be available relatively soon. If I had to guess I'd say very similar timing to the iKAMAND itself. 

Cool. To clarify, I wasn't questioning its existence as the picture is clear :) But I'd like to know about its upcoming availability. I've been interested in the Kick Ash but would be more interested in a system with a divider.

1 minute ago, SeaBrisket said:

Cool. To clarify, I wasn't questioning its existence as the picture is clear :) But I'd like to know about its upcoming availability. I've been interested in the Kick Ash but would be more interested in a system with a divider.

My best guess would be sometime next year.  I don't suspect the testing for the iKamand will be done before then. 

2 minutes ago, SeaBrisket said:

As I said... I'm going off of what Bobby told me. The reps at HQ have their hands full with the 'here and now' so I don't imagine they're that interested in spreading rumors about what's upcoming. 

3 minutes ago, Charcoal Addict said:

My best guess would be sometime next year.  I don't suspect the testing for the iKamand will be done before then. 

I expect it well before next year. The iKAMAND and basket will be at the JOEnation Atlanta Block Party on 8/26. There may still be some tweaking to do, but most if not all of that will be in the software side.