Tapatalk DISABLED Here Indefinitely

Tapatalk does not properly support integration with this forum.  When I update the Terms of Service and require all users to accept the new TOS agreement, Tapatalk allows people to bypass that.  Tapatalk also does not show my users announcements that I make and post where they can be easily seen.  

Due to that, I am disabling Tapatalk.  If someone want to contact Tapatalk and request those problems be fixed, I will re-enable the software when those fixes have been implemented.

In the mean time, this forum runs very well on mobile browsers all by itself.  

John Setzler

Kamado Guru

I've never understood why people like Tapatalk

The interface has always been way more clunky than the actual mobile site

I think I tried to use it for 20min then cracked the ####s and deleted it

10 minutes ago, b.chilli said:

I'm sad to see this, but I'm done. See you guys around the playground.

Really?

All it took was the fact you now have to open your mobile browser instead of an App now?

I tried tapatalk once and it just wasn't very intuitive.  The mobile version of the Guru works very well.  If you are bummed then I would guess you never tried the mobile version of Kamado Guru.

Here is a guide to create a Kamado Guru web link icon for your Android device to place on you home screen.  This makes it as easy as launching an app.

http://ccm.net/faq/14236-create-website-shortcuts-in-android

Invision used to have their own Apple and Andriod IP board mobile app that worked very well.  For some strange reason they discontinued the app.  It was rather stupid of them.  A lot of people prefer to use an app if there's one available. 

Tapatalk is very convenient as it allows one to have all their forums in one place with the same layout and features.  I was wondering what was going on last night.  I use my phone to browse the forums when I get home at night while I lounge around or in between commercials as I watch TV and do not get on a computer.  Yes you can access this forum on a phone via a web browser but it is a PITA to have to zoom in and out to use it on a small screen. This is disappointing.

17 minutes ago, jadocs said:

Yes you can access this forum on a phone via a web browser but it is a PITA to have to zoom in and out to use it on a small screen. This is disappointing.

Not exactly true. If you have to zoom in and out you are on the full size platform of kamado guru. On a small device switch over to the mobile platform and it reformats everything so no zooming is needed. 

4 minutes ago, ckreef said:

Not exactly true. If you have to zoom in and out you are on the full size platform of kamado guru. On a small device switch over to the mobile platform and it reformats everything so no zooming is needed. 

That's true, it's more of an inconvenience thing especially if one belongs to a lot of forums. It's a lot easier to navigate between multiple forums on Tapatalk. Not a fan of bouncing between shortcuts on my home screen or switching from an app to a browser in this scenario.

Anyway, I'm probably the only one who feels this way and you have to do what you have to do.

39 minutes ago, jadocs said:

Tapatalk is very convenient as it allows one to have all their forums in one place with the same layout and features.  I was wondering what was going on last night.  I use my phone to browse the forums when I get home at night while I lounge around or in between commercials as I watch TV and do not get on a computer.  Yes you can access this forum on a phone via a web browser but it is a PITA to have to zoom in and out to use it on a small screen. This is disappointing.

If Tapatalk invested more time and money into modernizing their app it wouldn't be so bad.  What's the point of an app that keeps all your forums in one spot if 70% of the features are missing from the app? 

A lot forums are dumping Tapatalk because the app is mostly broken and only functions at the bare minimum.   You end up missing half the forum content and features by using Tapatalk. 

1 hour ago, Charcoal Addict said:

If Tapatalk invested more time and money into modernizing their app it wouldn't be so bad.  What's the point of an app that keeps all your forums in one spot if 70% of the features are missing from the app? 

A lot forums are dumping Tapatalk because the app is mostly broken and only functions at the bare minimum.   You end up missing half the forum content and features by using Tapatalk. 

That guy lost interest in forums when he started pumping advertising through his app and trying to get forum owners to sign on wiht him on it.  I have wanted to drop that app since that point but out of respect for a lot of my users who use it, I kept it. This little problem, however, I can not overlook.

John as long as you realize almost nobody reads TOS agreements. I've only read 1 TOS agreement since I joined. It was the last one you posted and I only read it because I'm a moderator and figured I needed to know what it said. If I was a normal user I would have never read it. Just clicked the agree and moved  on. I never read the very first TOS agreement when I logged on for the first time. 

I realize by forcing people to agree you have a fall back position but it doesn't mean they read it.