bob m

Soon to be Blaze owner....

After a bit of research, I placed an order for the Blaze. I know Blaze is very new and there are only a tiny, tiny bunch of owners, but hopefully we can get some good discussions going - and I have lots of questions as I become familiar with the Blaze.

Be careful with that thing. There may be a lot I don't know about it, but I know bullets, explosions, drowning and throwing it off a loading dock can't stop it.   If it should get unruly it may take the National Guard to suppress it.

Post some pix when u get it.  Congrats.

Awesome, another Blaze owner. :) In between now and the time you get it, watch some videos on how to get the fire started and temperature controlled in a kamado (assuming you are new to kamado cooking that is).  Doesn't really matter the brand used on the videos, the method is roughly the same with the Blaze.  When does it come in?  Definitely post questions.  You'll find lots of great help and advice on this site.

11 minutes ago, Charcoal Addict said:

The Blaze does look neat.  I wonder why they didn't stick with the standard 18-24 inch sizes to maximize the number of third party accessories that would work with it.

Having a keg, and using a ton of KJ and other "generic" accessories, I think that would have been a good option, BUT I also think that mid-size may be a sweet-spot as well.  I find the 18" a tiny bit small from time to time, and a 24" I would almost never use either, but having 21" may be about a perfect balance.

Right now, I'm trying to justify the purchase of a new 21" Komodo Kamado when it arrives, but the blaze is also tempting me for about 1/3 the price.  I think one of the best features of the KK is the direct airflow through the coals, and the blaze also has this as well.

15 minutes ago, SmallBBQr said:

Having a keg, and using a ton of KJ and other "generic" accessories, I think that would have been a good option, BUT I also think that mid-size may be a sweet-spot as well.  I find the 18" a tiny bit small from time to time, and a 24" I would almost never use either, but having 21" may be about a perfect balance.

Right now, I'm trying to justify the purchase of a new 21" Komodo Kamado when it arrives, but the blaze is also tempting me for about 1/3 the price.  I think one of the best features of the KK is the direct airflow through the coals, and the blaze also has this as well.

The challenge would be putting themselves in the same position as Primo and Grill Dome where they won't have as many accessories and versatility as the Egg and KJ. 

Blaze will have to step-up to fill-in their accessory line-up for 2-zone cooking, etc... 

It will be interesting in the long run.

From what I have read Shoppers Choice sells both mainstream products and their own products engineered  to be better than what is available at a good price. They use what tehy sell to study and design their offerings. Supposedly they are very serious about making a product that solves the problems of what is currently available.

They are a sort of development and marketing lab connected to their own mail order site.

Once enough of these are sold--it would seem to be natural to make a line of  accessories out of the same development lab. But who knows?

I'm really attracted to the Blaze too.  Bbqguys.com (shopperschoice) was having a sale... Something like 20% off, plus the rotisserie+basket for free.... With free shipping.... And no sales tax.... That had me pretty close to jumping in.  

Would still like to get tha Karubeque too though.

yeah, yeah.... Get them both... Post pics... YOLO.... :roll: