• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 5/2/2017   05/02/2017

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.   IF YOU ARE COMING HERE TO POST A COMPLAINT ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GRILL COMPANY OR ANY VENDOR AND HAVE NOT ESTABLISHED YOURSELF AS A PARTICIPANT ON THIS SITE, WE SUGGEST THAT YOU REFRAIN FROM MAKING THE POST.  IF YOU HAVE MADE LESS THAN 25 POSTS TO THIS FORUM, YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE OR COMPANY COMPLAINT WILL LIKELY BE REMOVED FROM THE SITE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE MODERATORS AND ADMINISTRATOR.     THE IMPORTANT STUFF:   1. NO PROFANITY 2. NO PERSONALLY ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR 3. BE NICE.   Failure to adhere to these three basic rules can and will get you removed from this site.  You will get a verbal warning for a first offense.  After that you get suspended.  After that you get permanently suspended.  The decision of the administrator and moderators is final on any issues related to rules and behavior.   YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).
bob m

Soon to be Blaze owner....

10 posts in this topic

After a bit of research, I placed an order for the Blaze. I know Blaze is very new and there are only a tiny, tiny bunch of owners, but hopefully we can get some good discussions going - and I have lots of questions as I become familiar with the Blaze.

nstigator and ckreef like this

Be careful with that thing. There may be a lot I don't know about it, but I know bullets, explosions, drowning and throwing it off a loading dock can't stop it.   If it should get unruly it may take the National Guard to suppress it.

Post some pix when u get it.  Congrats.

KismetKamado and Marty like this

Awesome, another Blaze owner. :) In between now and the time you get it, watch some videos on how to get the fire started and temperature controlled in a kamado (assuming you are new to kamado cooking that is).  Doesn't really matter the brand used on the videos, the method is roughly the same with the Blaze.  When does it come in?  Definitely post questions.  You'll find lots of great help and advice on this site.

11 minutes ago, Charcoal Addict said:

The Blaze does look neat.  I wonder why they didn't stick with the standard 18-24 inch sizes to maximize the number of third party accessories that would work with it.

Having a keg, and using a ton of KJ and other "generic" accessories, I think that would have been a good option, BUT I also think that mid-size may be a sweet-spot as well.  I find the 18" a tiny bit small from time to time, and a 24" I would almost never use either, but having 21" may be about a perfect balance.

Right now, I'm trying to justify the purchase of a new 21" Komodo Kamado when it arrives, but the blaze is also tempting me for about 1/3 the price.  I think one of the best features of the KK is the direct airflow through the coals, and the blaze also has this as well.

ckreef likes this

15 minutes ago, SmallBBQr said:

Having a keg, and using a ton of KJ and other "generic" accessories, I think that would have been a good option, BUT I also think that mid-size may be a sweet-spot as well.  I find the 18" a tiny bit small from time to time, and a 24" I would almost never use either, but having 21" may be about a perfect balance.

Right now, I'm trying to justify the purchase of a new 21" Komodo Kamado when it arrives, but the blaze is also tempting me for about 1/3 the price.  I think one of the best features of the KK is the direct airflow through the coals, and the blaze also has this as well.

The challenge would be putting themselves in the same position as Primo and Grill Dome where they won't have as many accessories and versatility as the Egg and KJ. 

Blaze will have to step-up to fill-in their accessory line-up for 2-zone cooking, etc... 

It will be interesting in the long run.

From what I have read Shoppers Choice sells both mainstream products and their own products engineered  to be better than what is available at a good price. They use what tehy sell to study and design their offerings. Supposedly they are very serious about making a product that solves the problems of what is currently available.

They are a sort of development and marketing lab connected to their own mail order site.

Once enough of these are sold--it would seem to be natural to make a line of  accessories out of the same development lab. But who knows?

I'm really attracted to the Blaze too.  Bbqguys.com (shopperschoice) was having a sale... Something like 20% off, plus the rotisserie+basket for free.... With free shipping.... And no sales tax.... That had me pretty close to jumping in.  

Would still like to get tha Karubeque too though.

yeah, yeah.... Get them both... Post pics... YOLO.... :roll:

ckreef and prowe like this