• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 5/2/2017   05/02/2017

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.   IF YOU ARE COMING HERE TO POST A COMPLAINT ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GRILL COMPANY OR ANY VENDOR AND HAVE NOT ESTABLISHED YOURSELF AS A PARTICIPANT ON THIS SITE, WE SUGGEST THAT YOU REFRAIN FROM MAKING THE POST.  IF YOU HAVE MADE LESS THAN 25 POSTS TO THIS FORUM, YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE OR COMPANY COMPLAINT WILL LIKELY BE REMOVED FROM THE SITE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE MODERATORS AND ADMINISTRATOR.     THE IMPORTANT STUFF:   1. NO PROFANITY 2. NO PERSONALLY ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR 3. BE NICE.   Failure to adhere to these three basic rules can and will get you removed from this site.  You will get a verbal warning for a first offense.  After that you get suspended.  After that you get permanently suspended.  The decision of the administrator and moderators is final on any issues related to rules and behavior.   YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).
jackjumper101

Experimental upload

14 posts in this topic

Mine, not so much.  Are you uploading it with the "Click to choose files"?

no luck with Chrome or Safari

I used an image compressor that was super easy to use... looks like it worked!!!

IMG_1291.JPG

I use Chrome with "click to choose files". You just have to have a reasonably sized file. I always crop, tweak (if need)  and resize my pictures (in an editor) before posting,  which is why I never have issues. 

I figure I spent all that time on a killer meal and held up dinner to take some pictures. The pictures deserve another few minutes in editing mode to make them the best they can be. That's also why pictures sometimes get posted a few days after the cook so I can make the time for editing. It's just me being anal. 

Bgosnell151 likes this

Android smartphone phone.

I usually edit on a tablet but have the same editor on multiple devices. No matter where the edit occurs I always transfer the final pictures to my smartphone and upload from there. Since my very first post on kamado guru I've  always accessed  through a smartphone with just a very few exceptions. 

16 hours ago, ckreef said:

I use Chrome with "click to choose files". You just have to have a reasonably sized file. I always crop, tweak (if need)  and resize my pictures (in an editor) before posting,  which is why I never have issues. 

I figure I spent all that time on a killer meal and held up dinner to take some pictures. The pictures deserve another few minutes in editing mode to make them the best they can be. That's also why pictures sometimes get posted a few days after the cook so I can make the time for editing. It's just me being anal. 

Do you know what the size range is to post? --?X?

5 hours ago, Marty said:

Do you know what the size range is to post? --?X?

I always resize to 1024 x ??? For landscape or 800 x ??? For portrait. 

Can't remember my personal record for pictures in one post but I believe it's slightly over 26.

Marty likes this

1024 x 768

800 x 600

A 1024 x 768 image on the full site is very large and chews up a lot of screen real estate.  On my PC and 16:9 monitor, the photo of the dog consumes a lot more space than the photos that appear later in the thread.

Chrome, Safari and Tapatalk all resize images to fit the respective mobile viewer so the original size is almost moot.

High res images stored in large formats are generally reserved for printing or mega screen sizing.   

Anything you upload here with a dimension of more than 1024 pixels on one side gets automatically resized to 1024 pixels on the long side.  Teh image that actually gets displayed in your post is going to be smaller than that.  If you click on the imge in the post, the larger version will display.

ckreef likes this