• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 5/2/2017   05/02/2017

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.   IF YOU ARE COMING HERE TO POST A COMPLAINT ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GRILL COMPANY OR ANY VENDOR AND HAVE NOT ESTABLISHED YOURSELF AS A PARTICIPANT ON THIS SITE, WE SUGGEST THAT YOU REFRAIN FROM MAKING THE POST.  IF YOU HAVE MADE LESS THAN 25 POSTS TO THIS FORUM, YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE OR COMPANY COMPLAINT WILL LIKELY BE REMOVED FROM THE SITE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE MODERATORS AND ADMINISTRATOR.     THE IMPORTANT STUFF:   1. NO PROFANITY 2. NO PERSONALLY ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR 3. BE NICE.   Failure to adhere to these three basic rules can and will get you removed from this site.  You will get a verbal warning for a first offense.  After that you get suspended.  After that you get permanently suspended.  The decision of the administrator and moderators is final on any issues related to rules and behavior.   YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).

21 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, prowe said:

Those look incredible. I have no clue what 6kg or 130c means, but I'm sure it translates loosley to "big pile of tasty meat". 

Yes, you nailed the translation.  In that regard, the ribs resemble the chef :-D 

6kg is about 14lb.  2.2kg to a lb.

130C -  http://lmgtfy.com/?q=convert+130c+to+farenheit

prowe likes this

27 minutes ago, Tioga said:

I wish I had your butcher.

NO!!!! HE'S MINE - ALL MINE!!!!!!!

Good butchers are getting harder & harder to find.  Most of there here in Oz do pre-packaged meat from some central uber-slaugherhouse, so choices are very limited.  This one still gets full carcasses shipped in, make their own sausages & cured meats, and carve up their own cuts of meat.

prowe, ckreef and TKOBBQ like this

On 7/17/2017 at 3:39 AM, KamadoJosephine said:

"have no Argentinian roots, but I did see some stuff on TV about them (or maybe it was Brazil or Canada, but I figure they're all pretty much the same place).  So I went to my fave butcher and it turned out that one of the butcher-dudes Mum is from Argentina"

I grew up in Argentina.  You are a lucky guy, cause I miss those ribs.  It's what we call "tira de asado."  Here in Texas, where we live, the closest I can get is at a Mexican Meat Market, but they are one third the size and low quality meat.     Jealous!!!! ;)

KamadoJosephine likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By OSD
      Put a slab of beef short plate ribs on this morning and was rewarded with a very tasty treat for dinner tonight. Trimmed up a 4 bone slab last night and put on a simple rub of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a little cayenne, covered and refrigerated overnight. Placed the slab on at 225 degrees with oak for smoke and left them alone for about 1.5 - 2 hours before they got their first mop with a mix of water, apple cider vinegar, worcestershire sauce, a little olive oil, chili powder, and cayenne. Wrapped them at about 175 degrees and put them in the cooler to rest at about 200. Got to say they were fork tender, juicy, and very tasty. I did find them slightly lacking in smoke flavor and very little smoke ring compared to my other smokes. Is it possible the 1/4 cup of olive oil I added to the mop played a part. This is the first time I've used it in a mop, so I'm thinking it affected the smoke absorbing, but I value y'alls thoughts. 

• By Charcoal Addict
      It about time someone put a little Eh...into the grilling World Eh...! All this talk about Texas Style for me thinking. Canadian having been smoking and grilling as our friends down south. Maybe we're too polite or too shy. Us Canadians have a cooking style too.
      With out further ado, I would like to introduce our Amercian cousins to "Alberta Style" BBQ ribs. We are the Texas of the North after all. Alberta is all about beef, conservatism, oil and gun rights. We don't have a drawl or a Bible Belt. Minus that, Alberta has a lot of things in common with Texas.
      The ribs were rubbed down with Maple Sugar, Salt and Pepper, Chili power, cayenne, and fresh minced garlic. I used mixed Cherry, Sugar Maple and Pecan smoking wood. The goal was a lightly sweet and nutty flavor.
      I went to Lowe's in the morning and stocked-up on five bags of lump during their Boxxing day in July Sale.
      I also ditched the CyberQ for this cook. I opted to just use the Joe. There's no probes, no controllers and no Mavericks. One tick above 200 F on the BJ dome thermometer usually works out to 225 - 235 F at the grate. There's no need to overthink it.
      I ran into a problem after the first hour. The temp dropped to 190 F. It was my fault. I forgot to yank the Big Joe ash drawer out. I find the ash drawer cause more problems than it solve on low and slow and high temp cooks. The 2nd I yanked the ash drawer out, the Red Big Joe held 225 -230 like a champ.
      Here's some pics from today's cook. There's more pics in on the way. The cook is about halfway through.

• By Tarheel
      I've cooked country style boneless pork ribs before, but I'm not sure I realized there was such a thing as country style boneless beef ribs.

I would appreciate any ideas about how to best cook these, as well as ideas for the best rub. Thanks!

• By Addertooth
      Every now and then I get the urge to play with a tried and true recipe.  The victim today is classical slow smoked beef ribs.
      I have always stayed away from the hot-n-fast club, after all, low and slow is the classical way to smoke many favorite dishes.
      Today I had 3 hunks of beef ribs, and a short timeline to dinner; it was time to play fast and loose.
      The ribs were rubbed with #KamadoJoe steak rub, and Bone Sucking steak rub. 
      Next they were placed on the Big Joe which was cruising along at 250 degrees. 
      The smoking woods were put on extra heavy, as this cook was going to be fast.
      The woods were hickory (20%), pecan (20%) and apple (60%). 
      After 3 hours on the smoke, the ribs were foiled with a few tablespoons of beef stock.
      They were kept in the foil for about an hour, then the foil was removed.
      Lastly, the ribs were sauced and the KJ was raised to 350 degrees to set the sauce.
      30 minutes later the ribs were pulled, sliced and served.

• By Addertooth
      Every now and then I get the urge to play with a tried and true recipe.  The victim today is classical slow smoked beef ribs.
      I have always stayed away from the hot-n-fast club, after all, low and slow is the classical way to smoke many favorite dishes.
      Today I had 3 hunks of beef ribs, and a short timeline to dinner; it was time to play fast and loose.
      The ribs were rubbed with #KamadoJoe steak rub, and Bone Sucking steak rub. 
      Next they were placed on the Big Joe which was cruising along at 250 degrees. 
      The smoking woods were put on extra heavy, as this cook was going to be fast.
      The woods were hickory (20%), pecan (20%) and apple (60%). 
      After 3 hours on the smoke, the ribs were foiled with a few tablespoons of beef stock.
      They were kept in the foil for about an hour, then the foil was removed.
      Lastly, the ribs were sauced and the KJ was raised to 350 degrees to set the sauce.
      30 minutes later the ribs were pulled, sliced and served.