Sign in to follow this  
Dub

Easiest Peach Cobbler you've ever tried.

Haver your grill or oven running steady at 350 degrees.

Works great with a wings, chicken or meatloaf recipe.

It sounds ridiculously simple......yet the results may trump yer meal.  No kidding.....that simple......yet that dang tasty.

2 cans of peaches in heavy syrup....dump them & ingredients into a 13"x9" Pyrex dish.......no need to grease.

1 box of yellow cake mix (non prepared....just the mix itself.....dump it over the contents from the peach cans).

Stir it around a bit.  Let the cake mix soak in the goodness.   

Stir up 3 eggs.  Whip 'em and drop them over the cake & peaches.

Sprinkle a cup of chopped walnuts over the mix.

Sprinkle a cup of dark brown sugar over all.

Then....slice up two sticks of butter and place over the top of the mix.

350 degree grill or oven......for 45-55 minutes.

ANyuyeK.jpg?2

foglxr5.jpg?2

m8yUB0T.jpg?2

Other than a simple 2-egg omelette......this thing is the easiest thing I've ever made.

I'm more of a griller and indoor are mighty limited.  This dessert is one I can handle with supreme ease. :)

The kids loved it and destroyed it.  I didn't have to worry about being tempted to eat seconds myself. :good:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By St1brew
      This recipe is super easy to make and the results are out of this world! Ingredients include: fresh local corn, ranch dressing(I despise mayonnaise), seasoning and Mexican cheese blend.Truss the husks with some butchers string for a handle.  Slather corn in ranch, then sprinkle seasoning onto them.

Put on the grill at 450 to 500 degrees fahrenheit. Be sure to make a foil heat shield as to not burn your "handles". I put mine on after this picture(dumb move, put it on prior to corn).

Turn corn as soon as light charring occurs. As you turn them, start adding Mexican cheese blend.

Pop open a delicious beer to enjoy with your significant other while the cheese melts. This step is not mandatory, but highly recommended! 
      Pull those beauties when they look something like this.

Pick up by handle and enjoy immediately! Repeat as necessary. Be sure to charge people that wonder into the wafting delicious smell appropriately!

Honestly, this is amazing and I may never do regular corn again. If you've never tried, it is simple to make and tastes great!

• By DerHusker
      So I entered a pie contest and wanted to share my entry over here.

Here are most of the ingredients.

Made up some graham cracker crust. After smearing my CI pie pan with some butter flavored Crisco I press in the crust.

Made up a bacon weave and placed it on the kamado.

Because I couldn’t flip the weave I placed my bacon press on the burner for 10 minutes. After it’s smoking hot I placed it on top of the weave.

While that cooks I prep my jalapeños.

On the grill they go for 15 minutes along with the pie crust for 7 minutes at 350.

After the weave is cooked I place it in the bottom of the pie crust.

Then the smoked jalapeño rings and the cream cheese pie filling.

Now the pie goes into the kamado for 40 minutes at 350.

Here is the result.

After letting it cool to room temp and then in the fridge I spread on the Raspberry Jalapeño topping.

And decorate.

Plated shots.

And this was my entry photo.

• By DerHusker
      Here are most of the ingredients.

Start by making up some graham cracker crust.
      Ingredients:
      1 package graham crackers
      6 tbsp. melted butter
      1/3 cup sugar
      ¼ tsp. cinnamon
      12 slices bacon
      4 jalapeños sliced into rings
      Start by putting 1 package of graham crackers into a food processor to make crumbs. Now add the sugar and cinnamon and blend. Pour this into a mixing bowl and add the melted butter and mix until blended.
      After smearing my CI pie pan with some butter flavored Crisco I press in the crust.
      [/url 

Made up a bacon weave and placed it on the kamado.

Because I couldn’t flip the weave I placed my bacon press on the burner for 10 minutes. After it’s smoking hot I placed it on top of the weave.

While that cooks I prep my jalapeños.

On the grill they go for 15 minutes along with the pie crust for 7 minutes at 350.

After the weave is cooked I place it in the bottom of the pie crust.

Then the smoked jalapeño rings.

Now I make up the cream cheese pie filling.

Ingredients:
      4 pkgs. (8 oz. size) cream cheese, softened
      1 2/3 cups sugar
      2 eggs
      ¼ cup cornstarch
      3 tsp. vanilla
      ¾ cup heavy cream
       To make filling: In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until very creamy. Add in the sugar and cornstarch gradually while beating at medium speed. Add eggs one at a time until completely mixed in. Add the vanilla and heavy cream and blend together. Pour into pie shell and bake at 350° for 35 – 40 minutes or until pie is set (may still jiggle slightly in the middle). Let cool on wire rack and then in the fridge to firm it up.

Now the pie goes into the kamado for 40 minutes at 350.

Here is the result.

Now the Topping.
       Ingredients:
      1 cup raspberries
      1 cup sugar
      ¼ cup cornstarch
      2 tbsp. raspberry chipotle sauce (from Costco)
      2 tsp. finely chopped jalapeños (without seeds)
      ½ cup water
      2 jalapeños sliced length wise into quarters
      To make topping: Crush the raspberries in a small saucepan. (Hold back at least 9 for decoration) Add to the raspberries the sugar, cornstarch and raspberry chipotle sauce and blend well. Stir in the water and jalapeños. Cook over medium heat until mixture has thickened. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
       After letting the pie cool to room temp and then in the fridge I spread on the cooled Raspberry Jalapeño topping mixture and top with jalapeños and raspberries.

And decorate.

Plated shots.

Observations:
      There were definite layers of flavor as I took a bite. At first it tastes pretty much like a standard cream cheese pie with fruit topping but shortly thereafter you get some of the Chipotle in the topping followed by the jalapeños and ending with the bacon. I was going for an ABT type of flavor and where it wasn’t exactly like an ABT it was a very good and unique flavor. My wife liked it but would have preferred that I leave the bacon (not much of a meat eater) and the jalepeño out of the bottom and just had the spicy sweet topping. It would have been good this way but the layers of flavor wouldn’t have been there. 
    • By John Setzler
      Recipe:

3 8-oz blocks of softened cream cheese
      1 15-oz can pumpkin puree
      4 large eggs
      3/4 cup sugar
      1/2 cup brown sugar
      1/4 cup sour cream
      2 tsp vanilla extract
      2 tbsp all purpose flour
      1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
      1/2 tsp cinnamon
      1/4 tsp sea salt

For the Oreo crust:

24 Oreo cookies
      6 tbsp melted butter

Candied Pecans:

1/2 cup loosely sifted powdered sugar
      3/4 tsp sea salt
      1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
      4 tsp whisky or water

Preheat your grill to 350°F.  

Mix the ingredients for the candied pecan glaze and toss the pecans in the glaze.  Arrange the pecans in a pan (preferably on a sheet of parchment paper) and put in the grill for 10-12 minutes until done.  Allow to cool completely and set aside.

Crush the oreo cookies by hand and melt the butter.  Combine the butter and cookie crumbs in a mixing bowl and then form into the bottom of a greased 9" spring form pan.  Set aside.

Add the softened cream cheese to the bowl of a mixer and cream.   Add the rest of the ingredients and mix completely until there are no lumps left.  After the mixture gets fairly well combined, it may work better with a wisk attachment.

Pour the pumpkin mixture into the spring form pan.  Place on the grill and cook at 350°F for 60-75 minutes just until the center of the cheesecake is barely 'jiggly' and not completely cooked.  Remove and cool on a wire rack for one hour.  Refrigerate to completely cool for four hours or as long as needed up to overnight.  

Slice your cheesecake and garnish with chocolate and caramel sauce and shaved dark chocolate if desired and top with the candied pecans. 

Enjoy!
    • By John Setzler
      Dough:

300 grams (2 cups plus two tablespoons) all purpose flour (100%)
      195 grams (7/8 cup) lukewarm water (65%)
      6 grams (3/4 tsp) salt (2%)
      6 grams (1 1/2 tsp) active dry yeast (2%)
      2 tbsp melted butter
      1 1/2 to 2 tsp ground cinnamon

Note: You can easily use a store-bought pizza dough for this recipe if you choose.  

Combine the yeast and water and let dissolve for 10-15 minutes.  Add the melted butter.

Wisk the dry ingredients together in a separate mixing bowl.  

After the yeast has dissolved, combine with the dry ingredients and knead by hand or in a mixer with a dough hook until there is no sign of dry flour left.  Cover with plastic in mixing bowl and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.

Preheat the grill to 375°F and set up for indirect cooking on a pizza stone. 

Make your glaze drizzle:

Wisk together:
      1 cup powdered sugar
      2 tbsp milk
      1 to 2 tsp vanilla extract

After your dough has risen, form it out into a 12-14 inch diameter pizza crust.  Put it on the grill and cook it by itself for about 10 minutes. 
      Remove it from the grill.

Spread cream cheese frosting over the surface of the crust (See recipe below).

4 oz butter, softened
      4 oz cream cheese, softened
      2 cups powdered sugar
      1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix together completely

Spread Strawberry Pie Filling over the surface (or any other pie filling or combination of pie fillings that you might like.
      Return to the pizza stone on the grill for another 10 minutes.

After that 10 minutes. sprinkle on some chocolate chips and cook for another 5 to 8 minutes.

Remove from the grill and let cool for 10 minutes and then drizzle with your glaze.