Segmented fire bowl question

Shortyque

I just recently installed my new segmented fire box in the classic.  After taking it in and out three times, I still cannot get the piece in the 12 o'clock position to have perfect vertical alignment.  I'm satisfied with all the other alignments.  Does this matter?  My only fear is excessive heat getting out to the shell.  Just thought I would get some thoughts before I fired it up.  

BTW, a shout out to KJ customer service.  Very prompt reply and follow through.  Thanks!

DSC00540.2.jpg

50 minutes ago, ckreef said:

I really like this improvement from KJ. I think it's going to save their customers a lot of headaches and save the company a lot of money in the long run. 

I think so too.  I have only seen one broken firebox piece since the new design rolled out and it was the round base that the petals sit on.   It appears that it might have been a heat stress crack but I can not swear to it.  I can tell you that I have tried to 'stress' the system on the new classic and big joe and have not been successful at creating a crack in any of the pieces to this point.

25 minutes ago, John Setzler said:

I think so too.  I have only seen one broken firebox piece since the new design rolled out and it was the round base that the petals sit on.   It appears that it might have been a heat stress crack but I can not swear to it.  I can tell you that I have tried to 'stress' the system on the new classic and big joe and have not been successful at creating a crack in any of the pieces to this point.

Maybe i I should make pizza and see what happens!  

Not happening anytime soon.