3. TKOBBQ

TKOBBQ

4. Ben S

Ben S

5. bcrgrill

bcrgrill

• Similar Content

• By MickeyTheShoe
      Hi All, has anyone used a 1/4 piece of steel as their top stone. If you have how did it go? Im wondering if it would help the undercarriage cook faster. Similar to this:

https://shop.bakingsteel.com/collections/steels/products/baking-steel-round

Sorry if it’s been covered, I tried doing a search but didn’t have much luck. 
    • By Marbque
      Been vacant for awhile had to make some poppers today. Used some Cattlemens tri-tip rub in the cream cheese...

• By pmillen
      There are discussions of pizza stones and general baking here and there on this forum.  Those of you who are interested in such may want to read Baking With Steel, primarily written by Andris Lagsdin.   You may want to explore a different method.
    • By Marbque
      Spent some time yesterday with just the wife and I making some beef ribs on out stickburner, first time in forever that we have not had to cook for an event, so it was nice to just be able to have some hot dogs for appetizer while waiting on these beef ribs. Hope everyone’s Sunday is enjoyable and relaxing enjoy

572E25BB-1878-40D9-8700-82BD2C854DE1.MOV

• By John Setzler
      This is a modified version of the Pumpernickel loaf in Andris Lagsdin's "Baking with Steel" book...

365g bread flour
      185g rye flour
      22g unsweetened cocoa powder
      9.5g sugar
      12g sea salt
      330g brewed coffee (I used 250g coffee and 80g water for a slightly less bold flavor)
      45g molasses
      45g olive oil
      3g active dry yeast

Wisk together dry ingredients and add to the bowl of a stand mixer with a dough hook attached.  Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and mix to get the molasses dissolved completely.  Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of the stand mixer and mix with the dough hook on a slow speed until the dough comes together.  Knead on a medium speed for about four minutes.  Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and shape it into a ball.  Place it in a greased mixing bowl and cover with plastic.  Let sit out at room temperature for 24 hours.  After 24 hours, move the dough to a floured surface and shape into a tight dough ball.  Place seam side up in a floured brotform.  (I like to dust my brotform with a 50/50 mix of rice flour and whole wheat flour.)  Cover and let rest for 2 hours.  One hour before the bread has finished resting, preheat your oven to 425°F and place the Baking Steel or a Pizza Stone in the oven on a rack at about mid level.  When the bread has finished resting, transfer it to a pizza peel and place on the steel or the stone and cook for 30-35minutes until done.