LargeRedJoe

3 Pizzas - from dough balls to cooked in 10 minutes

Just now, Smoke and Awe said:

Maybe I should say what I learned.  About the reason for pushing the dough from the center to the outside to move the gas to the outer crust!

Something else I noticed, he tried not to disturb the outer edge similar to the KA Artisan method as he was board stretching. Also he mentioned not to use a rolling pin. (I totally agree with that except for very specific doughs) 

I tried the tugging and flipping method  tonight but the store-bought dough just would not relax, at least in time for dinner...tonight...before midnight. 

Enter the rolling pin. 

12 minutes ago, LargeRedJoe said:

I tried the tugging and flipping method  tonight but the store-bought dough just would not relax, at least in time for dinner...tonight...before midnight. 

Enter the rolling pin. 

Eeeekkk on the rolling pin. Ruins a good dough ball (at least for thin and crispy). 

Check out the KA Artisan Pizza method. Does a board stretch (preserving the edge) followed by a mild hand/air stretch. 

Yes I know - rolling pin = evil. But this Publix stuff just would. not. relax. So I had to bludgeon it to death.  

Jacob Burton has a number of videos on YouTube about making pizzas and a ton of other cooking instruction. 

I think those pizza looked pretty charred on the bottom.  I did like his stretching technique but my dough never seems that relaxed.