• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
John Setzler

Citrus Cilantro Pork Tenderloin

If you like pork tenderlioin, you are going to LOVE this one glazed with a delicious citrus and cilantro sauce with a little rum added for good measure! Give it a try! Here's the recipe:

Citrus and Cilantro Sauce:

2/3 cup orange juice
3 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup rum
zest of one lime
zest of two oranges
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro

Add the orange and lime juice with the sugar to a saucepan over medium high heat. Stir just until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and reduce to 1/2 cup. Remove from the heat for a minute or so and then add the rum. Return to the heat and bring to a boil again, reducing the mixture to 1/2 cup again. This should be fairly thick. Once reduced, cool completely. Add the zest and cilantro, mix well, and set aside until ready to use.

Preheat your Kamado to 350-375 in the dome with the cast iron griddle and cast iron grate set up as shown in the video for two-zone cooking. Sear your tenderloins on the griddle while re-heating your sauce on the indirect side of the grill. Once you have a good sear on the outside of the tenderloin, move it to the indirect side of the grill and baste with the sauce. Continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches about 140°F on the pork. Remove from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes. 

Slice and drizzle with some of the remaining sauce.....

Enjoy!

Excellent cook, John.  It's really nice to see the kamado use as an open grill.  It produced beautiful results.:bravo:

On a cautionary side note, a while back I used my KJ Jr. as a very hot open grill to flip/flip a bunch of skirt steaks and in the process warped the dome handle.