Sign in to follow this  
John Setzler

Citrus Cilantro Pork Tenderloin

If you like pork tenderlioin, you are going to LOVE this one glazed with a delicious citrus and cilantro sauce with a little rum added for good measure! Give it a try! Here's the recipe:

Citrus and Cilantro Sauce:

2/3 cup orange juice
3 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup rum
zest of one lime
zest of two oranges
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro

Add the orange and lime juice with the sugar to a saucepan over medium high heat. Stir just until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and reduce to 1/2 cup. Remove from the heat for a minute or so and then add the rum. Return to the heat and bring to a boil again, reducing the mixture to 1/2 cup again. This should be fairly thick. Once reduced, cool completely. Add the zest and cilantro, mix well, and set aside until ready to use.

Preheat your Kamado to 350-375 in the dome with the cast iron griddle and cast iron grate set up as shown in the video for two-zone cooking. Sear your tenderloins on the griddle while re-heating your sauce on the indirect side of the grill. Once you have a good sear on the outside of the tenderloin, move it to the indirect side of the grill and baste with the sauce. Continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches about 140°F on the pork. Remove from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes. 

Slice and drizzle with some of the remaining sauce.....

Enjoy!

Excellent cook, John.  It's really nice to see the kamado use as an open grill.  It produced beautiful results.:bravo:

On a cautionary side note, a while back I used my KJ Jr. as a very hot open grill to flip/flip a bunch of skirt steaks and in the process warped the dome handle.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By JeffieBoy
      So my daughter is getting married tomorrow.  A smaller wedding (98 guests) taking place at his family farm.  The groom and his brother own a distillery business on the farm and the wedding will be held outside between the home and the business.  The meal will be catered and the boys wil have the wood fired oven going for late night pizzas.  Think they can do four or five at a shot.  At the last minute she has asked me to provide a 60-70ish pulled pork sliders.  So I snuck out of work early today, managed to find five nice pork shoulder “partial bone-in roasts” totalling about 10kg (22 lbs), raced home, rubbed them up, injected with apple juice and loaded up the Akorn.  Going to finish them tonight, pulled and pack the meat and get into bed.  Tomorrow I need to pick up the slider buns that I ordered, slice the tomatoes and onions, prepare some sauce and away we go!  Meat will be rehated in the pizza oven prior to serving.

i had done three 8 pound butts before and they were actually a better fit than these five smaller roasts.  More photos to follow.  Wish me luck!

• By St1brew
      My wife found some boneless spareribs on sale at our local supermarket.  I had some thick cut bacon that need to be cooked. So here is their beautiful marriage. Rubbed with Jake's grillin' coffee rub, cooked over indirect heat at 250°. Pulled when internal temp of 155° was reached(first time checking). Also cooked some bacon that was awesome as well. Here's some pics! The sparerib in the front was on the back of the grill, still great though.

• By Logan
      So a couple of days ago I was in the store and they had picnic shoulder (pork butt with bone-in, skin on) for $0.98/lb and I thought it would be a perfect fit for the Joetisserie: low and slow would make the skin too rubbery so the higher heat should crisp it up nicely (I'd done a porchetta before and it turned out fabulously)

I followed one of John's videos for the rub idea, though he didn't give amounts. I used a mustard base and roughly about
      1/2 c salt
      1/3 c paprika
      1/3 c chili powder
      1/3 c granulated garlic
      1/3 c onion powder

And held the Joe steady at about 310 for the dome temp. To help with the acrid smoke from all the drippings I slid the bottom vent to only about a 1/4 inch open after a while and kept the top wide open. Actually used the Smobot with this one just for fun and it seemed to work pretty well at keeping the temps where I wanted. Total cook time was right at about 5 hours for a 10 lb picnic shoulder. I was shooting for about 185+ degrees F throughout. Then I let it rest tented in foil about an hour.

I don't know that it shows up very well in the pictures, but that was one of the juiciest pieces of meat I've ever had and so tender that a knife wasn't necessary. The flavor throughout was ridiculous. I'd been assuming the inner portion wouldn't get much flavor and the rub would only be on the surface but for some reason the flavor seemed to have permeated everywhere. The skin turned out very crispy.

Definitely one to do again!
    • By bhop
      Kamado Joe Jr. 
      375* 

1 chunk pecan wood
      1 chunk apple wood

Approx 50 minutes or internal temp reaches 140-160.

Rub: 
      3 tbsp dark brown sugar
      2 tbsp paprika
      1 tbsp kosher salt
      Dash of garlic powder
      Dash of crushed rosemary
      Dash cayenne pepper
      Dash of seven pepper medley
      (Save a little bit for the glaze later)

Now the fun part. It's one of my favorite ways to top any pork loin. 

Bourbon marmalade glaze:
      1 shot bourbon
      Top half of a jar of orange marmalade
      Splash of worsteschire sauce
      Splash of teriaki sauce
      1 tbsp of Country Bob's or BBQ sauce(dont over do it here)
      And a dash of left over rub

In a small saucepan bring your favorite bourbon (about a shot's worth or more depending on your taste buds) to a simmer. Then, add about the top half of a jar of orange marmalade to the bourbon. Then add the remainder of ingredients stirring frequently until a rich brown color is achieved. Remove from heat and add a small amount to the loin just before you take it off. 

This thing is super easy and one of my favorites to do. This loin cost me 8 bucks and could've easily fed 6 people. Cheap and full of flavor. 

• By Smoque'n
      Sunday Night Football eats
      Glazed Pork TenderloinGrill heated to 400* F, Tenderloins taken off at 135* F. Rested 20 minutes before slicing. The Primo was not super heat soaked and had some trouble keeping temps up. I think the glaze would have set up a little better in more stable heat. I was a good meal with some room left for improvement.