benniesdad

High-Que Replacement Gasket

I am starting to look for a replacement gasket for my original Kamado Joe gasket. Anyone have experience with the High-Que gaskets and how they compare to the OEM ones? One review on Amazon indicated that the lid required adjustment because they are thicker. Was that your experience? They are almost double the cost of the OEM replacement and just wondering if they are worth the extra money.

Was trying to limp along until KJ came out with an upgrade kit but doesn't look like that will be for some time.  

This is the High Que nomex gasket I use on my Vision Classic B, the white coloured gasket.   I have the hybrid gasket grey coloured on my Joe junior but because gasket was meant to Joe Classic, I had to trim the gasket and had to adjust my lid to get it to close properly to seal.   The hybrid High Que gasket I like better than straight nomex one.  I will like nonex gasket better than original felt gasket that came with my Vision Classic,  

IMG_3512.JPG

IMG_3286.JPG

10 hours ago, benniesdad said:

I am starting to look for a replacement gasket for my original Kamado Joe gasket. Anyone have experience with the High-Que gaskets and how they compare to the OEM ones? One review on Amazon indicated that the lid required adjustment because they are thicker. Was that your experience? They are almost double the cost of the OEM replacement and just wondering if they are worth the extra money.

Was trying to limp along until KJ came out with an upgrade kit but doesn't look like that will be for some time.  

I'm in the same boat. If KJ doesn't release the new fiberglass wire mesh gasket soon I'll be getting the High-Que as well.

I'm relatively sure from my research awhile back that the Vision gasket and other gaskets vary in thickness... so just make sure you are getting the one appropriate for your grill...  I just put the High Que on my Vision and so far so good.  I have one to do my BGE mini as well, but not using that much anymore since I have the Acorn Jr - so it will probably wait awhile yet....