Lower Draft Door With Screen

glenn3

I have a 2015 Classic Joe with the the integrated ash pan. Does anyone know of a direct bolt on replacement lower draft door that includes a spark screen slider? I have my grill on a composite deck and I would like some added protection. I know the ash pan doubles as a screen but far better to be safe than sorry. 

Thanks for any help,

Glenn

Yeah, I hear you. I have often wondered why KJ, with all it's inovation, does not provide a screen for the bottom vent. I cook on a large BGE and also cook on a composite deck. The stock screen, IMO, provides a lot of protection from falling coal fragments and peace of mind, as well . I have no idea what the size of a KJ bottom vent is  but the vent  screen on my large Egg is 5 & 3/4 long and 3 &1/4 high, maybe a BGE screen will fit or can be modified to fit.  Best of luck. 

46 minutes ago, keeperovdeflame said:

Yeah, I hear you. I have often wondered why KJ, with all it's inovation, does not provide a screen for the bottom vent. I cook on a large BGE and also cook on a composite deck. The stock screen, IMO, provides a lot of protection from falling coal fragments and peace of mind, as well . I have no idea what the size of a KJ bottom vent is  but the vent  screen on my large Egg is 5 & 3/4 long and 3 &1/4 high, maybe a BGE screen will fit or can be modified to fit.  Best of luck. 

I have an older KJ and it has a spark screen. It is before D C. I do not use mine but am cooking on the ground.  IMO for some reason they made a choice that it was not something that most people needed or would use.

Perhaps I could still order the older style door from KJ as a direct replacement for mine? I do some overnight cooks from time to time so i'd like an extra measure of protection.

Glenn

• 4 weeks later...

Turns out the width of the lower draft door is EXACTLY the same as the Medium / Large BGE. The length of the BGE is longer however and needed to be trimmed. I bought an aftermarket stainless steel BGE perforated steel door  [Dracary] that fit perfectly once shortened  by about an inch and looks factory. The screen version is also available. 

1503272669928393816554.jpg

1503272969190-735255555.jpg

1503273025382-500552838.jpg