KK for sale in the LA area, Socal.

Jesse

I doubt it has a cracked firebox. KK's have 2 piece fireboxes that are snug fit into the base and are essentially not removable. Even if it was cracked into 4 pieces it wouldn't matter because you're never going to remove them anyway. 

They might want to wipe the dust off of it...... LOL. 

@Jesse do you have a link for that listing? 

1 hour ago, Mewantkj said:

That could be a deal. 

I think that's a heck of an understatement. Now the question is, is it possible to move such an item after you purchase it? Oh, ok, never mind.

7 hours ago, ckreef said:

I doubt it has a cracked firebox. KK's have 2 piece fireboxes that are snug fit into the base and are essentially not removable. Even if it was cracked into 4 pieces it wouldn't matter because you're never going to remove them anyway. 

They might want to wipe the dust off of it...... LOL. 

@Jesse do you have a link for that listing? 

Here's you guys go, sorry it says needs firebox not cracked. 

https://offerup.com/item/detail/314062444/?ref=FilteredSearch

Holy crap is that for real????  Where was that a year and a half ago?  Bet the user wasn't using it at that point anyway. I really didn't see any used KKs (except one which was basically at new price) when I was shopping.  

45 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Here's you guys go, sorry it says needs firebox not cracked. 

https://offerup.com/item/detail/314062444/?ref=FilteredSearch

That looks like a storage unit repo. My guess is the firebox is in there they just don't realize it. My second guess would be the firebox that is missing is actually a missing  lump basket. Either way still a killer deal for anyone local. Any missing parts you can always get from Dennis. 

59 minutes ago, ckreef said:

That looks like a storage unit repo. My guess is the firebox is in there they just don't realize it. My second guess would be the firebox that is missing is actually a missing  lump basket. Either way still a killer deal for anyone local. Any missing parts you can always get from Dennis. 

Yeah that's kind of what I figured, the rest of his adds are in the same storage unit. We have a lot of those rocket kamados for sale on craigslist right now so I'm guessing he's pricing it off of those. 

Agree with Charles, if someone opens it up and just sees down to the bottom, they say firebox, when in actuality it's the charcoal basket. My next question would be grate condition. 

Regardless, even if one paid the $1200.00 asking, roughly another $800 would get a new charcoal basket, grates and gasket, putting it in excellent condition. It's an older unit, but it appears that it's only real abuse has been lack of use. It mostly looks dirty, the exterior metals look great, and I can't see any signs of stress in the body from the picture. This would be a jewel for someone relatively close, willing to clean it up. 

6 hours ago, Jesse said:

Yeah that's kind of what I figured, the rest of his adds are in the same storage unit. We have a lot of those rocket kamados for sale on craigslist right now so I'm guessing he's pricing it off of those. 

Huh, haven't heard much bout those rockets. I think JS is thinking bout shutting down the foeum for that grill. Not sure if high craigslist ratio would be a reason to keep that part of the forum or reason to shut it down. Just strange the first time I heard rocket mentioned twice in one day in several years.

3 hours ago, ckreef said:

If I was a local I'd buy, clean it up, replace any missing parts then double my money in a resale. 

I'm close to local- but transporting it and waiting for a buyer made me think twice about it. As soon as I told my hubby about this grill he asked if I was thinking about getting it and turning around and selling it lol. I guess you and he think alike.