Akorn and Jr. Clearance Prices at Walmart

3 minutes ago, In2Fish said:

Dang that sounds like a great price,  I can never seem to find the great Walmart deals here in VA.  I did see RO lump for $9.87 in Chantlly VA.  Where are the blackstone generally kept at Walmart?

They're usually with the grills.  It doesn't seem like these are carried by as many stores.  When the sale started, there were very few locally.

I spent some time today seasoning both the Jr and the Blackstone.  Looking forward to trying this one out!

photo(18).JPG

4 minutes ago, paulleve said:

They're usually with the grills.  It doesn't seem like these are carried by as many stores.  When the sale started, there were very few locally.

I spent some time today seasoning both the Jr and the Blackstone.  Looking forward to trying this one out!

Thanks for the update.  I've been in 3 walmarts and no awesome deals yet. I've not seen any blackstones either.

38 minutes ago, In2Fish said:

Dang that sounds like a great price,  I can never seem to find the great Walmart deals here in VA.  I did see RO lump for $9.87 in Chantlly VA.  Where are the blackstone generally kept at Walmart?

I got that one out of the Alexandria, VA Walmart tonight it was there last one.  They are usually in the garden/outdoor section.

46 minutes ago, In2Fish said:

I got that one out of the Alexandria, VA Walmart tonight it was there last one.  They are usually in the garden/outdoor section.

@In2Fish Walmart in Fairfax, shows 4 in stock for 49.00.  Store #5880

1 hour ago, TKOBBQ said:

That's not the one across from where I work In  Fair Lakes, and it's only a few  miles down the road, hmm ... I may go investigate.  Thx  for the tip 

22 hours ago, TKOBBQ said:

I had a quick look -see today  they are on clearance for $49, and online $51

I checked around me and the only Walmart that showed the Jrs in stock is right by my work. Brickseek listed them at $146 and it showed 3 left.

I wasn't all that interested in getting one, but figured I'd check it out when I had to stop for other stuff. They had 2 in boxes and the display model.

They were marked at $146. I figured if I could get them to the $35, I'd grab one. I asked the department manager and explained that other stores were selling them for $35. Nice guy. He said he was leaving them at the $146. He said, "None of the $35 stores have them in stock". I said, "Right, because they marked them down to move them."

He said, "I'll have no problem selling these at $146"

Sure enough, 2 days later, there are 0 left at that store.

I know this is a thread for the Akorn Jrs, but two of my extended family members bought $169 22" pit bosses this week around Memphis, TN. Brickseek will show Quantity: 0 and Limited Stock, and that often means they have one left. Usually the price displayed on the unit in store will still show$400 or $500 but the brickseek price will be correct at $169. This is a YMMV deal, but my father-in-law and brother-in-law were 2 for 2 around Memphis Wed. and Thur. Good luck! 

Brickseek link: http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=40267083

Edited by Brickbat
Add info

7 hours ago, Brickbat said:

I know this is a thread for the Akorn Jrs, but two of my extended family members bought $169 22" pit bosses this week around Memphis, TN. Brickseek will show Quantity: 0 and Limited Stock, and that often means they have one left. Usually the price displayed on the unit in store will still show$400 or $500 but the brickseek price will be correct at $169. This is a YMMV deal, but my father-in-law and brother-in-law were 2 for 2 around Memphis Wed. and Thur. Good luck! 

Brickseek link: http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=40267083

That Brickseek link is for the full-size Akron not a Pit Boss.

8 hours ago, cschaaf said:

I checked around me and the only Walmart that showed the Jrs in stock is right by my work. Brickseek listed them at $146 and it showed 3 left.

I wasn't all that interested in getting one, but figured I'd check it out when I had to stop for other stuff. They had 2 in boxes and the display model.

They were marked at $146. I figured if I could get them to the $35, I'd grab one. I asked the department manager and explained that other stores were selling them for $35. Nice guy. He said he was leaving them at the $146. He said, "None of the $35 stores have them in stock". I said, "Right, because they marked them down to move them."

He said, "I'll have no problem selling these at $146"

Sure enough, 2 days later, there are 0 left at that store.

There's a really high chance the people who bought those are hoping to do a return/rebuy at one of the stores that had them for $35.

I mean, they have been in Walmart all summer at $146 and magically when everyone else couldn't sell them at $109 or $74 (the other clearance prices they went to) and had to dump them at $35, they sell?