Sign in to follow this  
willygrilly

Best price on Akorn Jr. ever....

1 hour ago, willygrilly said:

Maybe in one store for a scratch and dent.  I don't believe that Walmart is selling new in box for $74.

I'm in MA, and according to Brickseek, half the local Walmarts have the Jr clearance priced at $74 and the regular Akorn at $139. 

They are selling them around here for $74 also but finding one is hard. 

Have you used Brickseek.com to see if any stores near you has this deal?

Walmart Supercenter #5151

825 Cartersville Hwy Se
Rome GA 30161

(16.3 Miles Away)Quantity: 2In stock$74 *

1 hour ago, willygrilly said:

Haven't seen anything like that around here in SW Florida.  Anyone have a guess on why the price is dropping so much?

Around here (MA) Walmart usually drops prices on grills toward the end of summer.  This year they seem to be putting them on clearance a lot earlier than usual, though.  In the past two years I have picked up spare Akorns at $127 and $139, usually in September.  (Both have gone to good friends who were in need of some  kamado in their lives!)

I'm looking at the deal right now... I think this would be an awesome second Kamado family member! I have the Big Joe so that's a lot of space to heat up when it's just the wife and me. That's what I'm going to tell her when she "inquires" about why I have two Joe's :)

20 hours ago, willygrilly said:

Maybe in one store for a scratch and dent.  I don't believe that Walmart is selling new in box for $74.

I just picked up 2 for $74 each at walmart in Spring, TX, they had 5 in stock

I picked one up at $74 as well even though I didn't need it. It will be great portable option for camping or even a day at the beach. Now I'll have it if the need ever arises. 

The deal was too good to pass up. Even the guy checking receipts on the way out couldn't believe it. 

OK, Walmart has a great price in some locations as a seasonal closeout.  Amazon at $91 is $17 more.  For $17 I get delivery direct to my door in two days.  No hunting for a Walmart 30+ miles away, prying it into the back seat of my car, driving it home, and prying it out of the car.  I'm as cheap as the next guy, but don't forget the sales tax that you will pay at Walmart and may not pay a Amazon.

So not the best price ever, but maybe the best deal ever for many, and one that may well be around long after Walmart runs out of them.

Where I live in middle GA Walmart never puts grills on Clearance. They leave them full price until just before Thanksgiving. Then they put them in the back and bring them back out, full price, sometime late January or February. 

Ordered one today. Didn't get the $74 price ($91), but I'm slammed at work and no time to shop around. Figured better to get one at 91 than find out they're not in stock later! Also ordered a grilling stone for my big Akorn. Should have bought the little stone earlier, seems like I saw it on sale a while back now its $41.

Mostly got the Jr to take on trips, vacation and camping. No more cooking on some dirty old rental house grill :-)

I was out of town yesterday and stopped a Walmart to get a granola bar and thought I would see what a different part of the world did for grill clearance. Full size Akorn was $89, three Jrs were $54. 

Walmart pricing seems bizarre and I am not sure Brickseek is much help. I bought a blackstone on heavy discount at a Walmart where I live last week with full-price Akorns and then a hundred miles away got into a store where I walk past full-price blackstones to an $89 Akorn.