• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 5/2/2017   05/02/2017

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.   IF YOU ARE COMING HERE TO POST A COMPLAINT ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GRILL COMPANY OR ANY VENDOR AND HAVE NOT ESTABLISHED YOURSELF AS A PARTICIPANT ON THIS SITE, WE SUGGEST THAT YOU REFRAIN FROM MAKING THE POST.  IF YOU HAVE MADE LESS THAN 25 POSTS TO THIS FORUM, YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE OR COMPANY COMPLAINT WILL LIKELY BE REMOVED FROM THE SITE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE MODERATORS AND ADMINISTRATOR.     THE IMPORTANT STUFF:   1. NO PROFANITY 2. NO PERSONALLY ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR 3. BE NICE.   Failure to adhere to these three basic rules can and will get you removed from this site.  You will get a verbal warning for a first offense.  After that you get suspended.  After that you get permanently suspended.  The decision of the administrator and moderators is final on any issues related to rules and behavior.   YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).
Sign in to follow this  
bbqboss84601

Pit Barrel Chicken Wings and Thighs

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Rob_grill_apprentice
      Tonight at request on my son's, I made some hot wings with Joetisserie using Basket.    Last night I prepped wings with rub, air dried in refrigerator overnight.   Today heat soaked Kamado at 450 and spin the wings for 25 minutes at 425-450F.   I then glazed wings with sweet Asian style sriracha, I used red sriracha.   After plating I coated with sesame seeds.   Very happy how crispy the wings were.   I attached two pictures, one with wings in basket and final plating picture.

• By Rob_grill_apprentice
      For Super Bowl I made some hot wings, 1/2 batch with red Sriracha glaze and other half with Green Sriracha glaze.   Cooked the wings at my hightest temp setting  on my Traeger select.    

Very happy with recipe for glaze.    

• By Dub
      Took a vacation day today and made the most of it.
          It's pouring down cats and dogs outside now.....but the rain is simply cooling down a hot grill and washing my son's Jeep and my dirty truck. :cool:     I think we timed everything perfectly.  Great day together.       Coaxed him outa bed this morning with some biscuits & OJ from Hardee's.  Man oh man...they've really been working on their menu since I last went there.  My son and I agree that their burgers and biscuits are top notch...fast food or not.     We hit the water shortly after he declared breakfast had hit the spot.             The weather was super.  Very grateful for this.                   Saw a really vibrant banded water snake that caught his eye......           Lazy turtles had the right idea.....chillaxing.               Home after 6 miles of paddling and fired up the BigJoe......tossed in a smallish pecan split.  Maybe next time I'll not do that as it was really dark on the wings and smoked sausage.  Tasted good, though.           Layered these two rubs.  Love 'em on wings.             Made a 75/25 mix of these two for a dipping sauce.  T-Rex liked it.           Great day.
    • By turbo
      Hello All,

We are having a family party with around 20 people.

I really don't have the time to smoke a couple briskets, so I'm smoking 5-6 slabs of ribs.

What else can I, or should I, smoke with around a 6 hour cook/smoke time?

Thanks!

Tom
    • By MonteM
      First try with the Vision M (Combo unit with gas grill/rotisserie and searing unit from Sam's), was actually my son's...I'm the grillmeister (although he is pretty dang good too), he's a chef...
      Getting enough coals going to get to heat was a little issue...(used Cowboy lump charcoal) followed directions, used enough to cover the heat cover decently...heat got to 200 and stalled...added about half as much again (lit it up in a chimney starter), still not enough to get it to 350, even with the vents opened up almost all the way...started up another batch of coals, as much as both smaller batches...got to 300+ but not 325, but was good for wings...
      My son made chicken wing nachos...the wings take the place of the chips...dry rub of chili powder, brown sugar, onion powder, fresh minced garlic, salt, pepper, not sure everything he used but that was the basis...grilled the wings off on the Kamado, cooked up about 6 oz center cut bacon on the grill at the same time...I chopped up the bacon when it was done...he stacked the wings to one side of the kamado, layered on cheese, the bacon, jalapenos...closed it up and let it all cook together and melt in good...you can see the results...WOWSA...he knocked this one outta the park!
      Have a little learning curve, I've been a grillmeister for 20+ years, but brand new to the Kamado thing...I see serious potential tho...I can't wait to smoke up something good this weekend...
      Have a great week, y'all!