22 hours ago, POOLGUYINCT said:

I'm a wintertime guru, so busy during summer it's all hot & fast. But I had to log on to pass the word to the gurus, I popped on it.. & it rang up as a cool $50

ray

IMG_1116.JPG

Any chance of getting a fuller pic of the receipt? Can use it to get a lower price with price protection claim. Thanks!

Great price on the Akorn Jr.  i've not found a Walmart locally that carries Akorns.  not that I need one. If I found a regular Akorn at the right price, I might consider it, but hiding it from the wife then becomes the challenge.

57 minutes ago, KismetKamado said:

Guess I should be thankful I just have a husband to hide things from.  He's not super observant and can be distracted easily.  Now if I had a wife I had to hide things from... I might be in trouble. ;)

on possible grounds of losing my man-card, I would agree that men can be less observant than women.   I can't tell you the number of times i've missed seeing my wife's  recent haircut, only to be pinged about it late.   Don't get me wrong, Mrs Fish is a keep, i'm blessed.   I just need to pay attention more often.          I guess you're lucky you could buy a kamado and your husband may not notice.

On 8/10/2017 at 9:39 PM, robertyb said:

I would probably have told them to ring up another at that price.  

I got the last one on deck.. floor model was beat to heck.. I owned a big akorn back in the day , so I wasn't flying blind... I am still getting a small ceramic for my backyard & will use the new jr.for a camping pit.

ray

Very nice.  I caved and grabbed on at $74.  I need it like I need another hold in my head, but I have been wanting one for smaller cooks and to take camping and tailgating.

Now to start scouring the board for mods and other tweaks to make it even better.  My first order of business will be finding out about a non CI grill grate.  One of my biggest personal issues with the Akorn is the need to upkeep the grate.

One of the three WaltonMarkets within 20 min of me dropped their Akorn Jrs. down to $35 today.  I don't need one let alone two but....I couldn't help myself. Figure one or both will make a nice gift(s) if I ever befriend someone deserving. Maybe the wife will finally convince me to get that RV and I can slap one in it.

There were still 2 on the shelf when I left the Champaign, IL store at 7PM tonight if anyone is local and looking.

2 hours ago, BiddyK said:

One of the three WaltonMarkets within 20 min of me dropped their Akorn Jrs. down to $35 today.  I don't need one let alone two but....I couldn't help myself. Figure one or both will make a nice gift(s) if I ever befriend someone deserving. Maybe the wife will finally convince me to get that RV and I can slap one in it.

There were still 2 on the shelf when I left the Champaign, IL store at 7PM tonight if anyone is local and looking.

Don't know where my picture went