Warning: Don't update iGrill App

If you are an iGrill owner you would be best NOT to update to the latest version of the iGrill App.  It's a complete mess and removes features.  Have a look at the comments on the App store.

I complained bitterly to Weber, who promised a series of updates (that will restore these functions) and promised to send me something to apologise. But I am as angry as all heck.

I think they should roll it back to the previous version

13 hours ago, Lewdannie said:

If you are an iGrill owner you would be best NOT to update to the latest version of the iGrill App.  It's a complete mess and removes features.  Have a look at the comments on the App store.

I complained bitterly to Weber, who promised a series of updates (that will restore these functions) and promised to send me something to apologise. But I am as angry as all heck.

I think they should roll it back to the previous version

Might be helpful to others if you noted what features have been lost.

On 2017-08-12 at 0:22 PM, philpom said:

Might be helpful to others if you noted what features have been lost.

Basically all of them!   No ability to set alerts, target ranges, and the graphing now sucks.   

Odd. It almost sounds like they got caught using someone else' firmware and had to back it out. Now you have to wait until they can engineer it on their own.

Just a guess, but that's what it sounds like to me. Why else would you take away all functionality?

I think they updated it a while ago because I bought one a couple weeks ago and the app is exactly as you say. If people do not have their phones setup to automatically update apps, they should be fine, but if automatic updates are enabled...I think it's too late. 

iGrill2.  I think they decided to make a major overhaul and start from scratch.  It turned from an iGrill app to a Weber app once Weber bought them, but they just now made the big change.  

I don't know if it was an oversight, or if they weren't allowed to use the code anymore.  All I know is the app is terrible now, and will hopefully get fixed soon.  

Just updated this past weekend. Big mistake. It bricked mine. In my iPhone settings it shows as paired, however, when I launch the app it acts like it searching for a device and it never finds anything even though the settings show it is connected. 

Terrible that there is no way to rollback.

Hmm. I got mine updated and it works just fine. The presets are a bit different with what type of meat and you cycle thru pictures of a cow, pig or chicken. But I find it is easier to swipe to the right on that screen and set my own temp. The thermostat style of setting the temp is pretty easy.