Timberline Ribs

bosco

20 racks all rubbed down.  Excellent colour from my home rub that I have tweaked a bit.  

My buddy built me a custom rib rack to house this type of cook.  18 slots... but I have room for 2 more so looks like I'll get him to go a bit bigger for me 

IMG_9183.thumb.JPG.aa5cee8010344d217e23d20a394da786.JPG

IMG_9186.thumb.JPG.71ead3511ccf53f8256174f0ebba76bf.JPG

Man these turned out really good.  I cooked them at 225 for 4.5 hours.  Foiled them with some apple juice and placed in cooler for an hour while I went to work.  Placed them on work gasser at 225 for 30 min then sauced them.  They were really good and clean off the bone bite!

_DSC2225.thumb.jpg.1f38e217c27e6363e6efddce874c1325.jpg

IMG_9190.thumb.JPG.4e749ccf7a3caa5ab439676b9656280f.JPG

IMG_9194.thumb.JPG.50b393a9d7a727ff290894a57e91e8e2.JPG

IMG_9195.thumb.JPG.3cdf345184306a1848fecfa4066a796d.JPG

The volume of that cook is insane.

Who'd of conjured up the idea of signing up for a 20-slab cook for work ?

And do so on the same grill used for normal everyday family cooks.....impressive payload to say the least 

The color on those slabs is spot-on perfect.

Highly impressive cook.   Set it and forget it 20-slab cook with excellent smokey flavor while you took a nap.......outstanding !!!!!!!!!

Excellent pics making me drool like a hound, too.

Dub, you hit the nail on the head with that comment.  I honestly love charcoal and Kamado cooking.  Hell I have 8 of them lol!!

but with that came time constraints.  I looked st commercial pellet grills like the yoder ys1500 but felt for the price I would never get the value out of it.  

Traeger was the choice for me because of price and my local dealer selling them. The pro 34 was a champ for me but when the upgrades of the timberline series were announced, it seemed like the right grill for me.  

My pellet grill is about lifestyle.  It fits that mould of my quick cooker, and my no fuss cooker.  When I have time I use charcoal, but when time is limited it's pretty nice to know I can still hammer out a cook with no effort.  

Rak mwssaged me yesterday and said, he couldn't believe I had 20 racks going with no stress and being able to nap.  I found that to be quite funny.  

After all all that I was at work last night and realized I forgot to shut my grill down when my app messaged me to remind me it was still going.  I hit shut down and went back to work.  

This grill has had tons of space for a residential BBQ.  My buddy is making me a second rack for the second shelf so I can do 40 racks at once!

• 3 months later...

@bosco  Fired up my timberline and have had a couple cooks so far.  Used hickory pellets.  Smoke rings were out of this world but absolutely no hickory flavor.  Is that your experience with it?  Hardly any smoke what so ever coming out of the unit as well.  Would love your feedback when you get some time.  To top it off the APP has not worked since I bought the unit.  Traeger said they have an issue with it now and do not know when it will be back up..