Classic 1 vs Classic 2

Woodman

I have a friend who is looking at buying a Classic Joe.  At his local Ace they have the version 1 for $879 including tax.  Version 2 is $999.  I know version 2 has the air lift hinge, but other than that, what is the difference and which one would you go with considering the price difference?  Thanks for your help.

I recently picked up a BJ2 here for $2999AUD

I was offered the BJ1 for $2250AUD and I still went with the new version

For me, the new hinge was worth the price difference, never mind the new style top vent, firebox and gasket

For an additional $120, the Classic 2 is a no brainer

I've only ever put my hands on the Classic II and I was super impressed. Honestly, if they had black, I would have one. 

I know... I know... I bring up the color thing every time. But I'm hoping eventually someone will listen and bring back black. Lol. 

5 hours ago, Woodman said:

After I posted this my friend said the link that I sent him was bad which showed the Classic 1 price at $999. They are now $1099. Would you still go for the version 2 with a price difference of $220?

Yes

15 hours ago, Woodman said:

After I posted this my friend said the link that I sent him was bad which showed the Classic 1 price at $999. They are now $1099. Would you still go for the version 2 with a price difference of $220?

Yep

• 3 years later...

Sigh, I know I know thread resurrection but I'm going through this right now.....

The price difference here now in Canada is 300 bucks and man that'd buy me a temperature controller or heat deflector and a pizza stone and a peel and other stuff but dammit if I don't want those three upgrades.  I really think I'll defer the temp controller and get the KJII.

I agree go with the Classic II for the small price difference. One big plus is if you let your wife use it she might really appreciate the air hinge. Mines 5ft 1in tall we tried them both in the store and the hinge sold it .Not that she uses it often think she peeked in it once in the last 2 years.