Sign in to follow this  
Ben S

Checking on those in Harvey’s path

I will admit to not being in the know on Texas geography, but let’s do a check in thread for those who are in Harvey’s path. 

if you are ok, tell us. 

If you know of someone in the path, let’s try to find them and make sure they are ok. 

Ben

Right outside of New Orleans here. It's been raining since during the night. No flooding yet but we're under a Flash Flood Warning. Streets floode yesterday afternoon.  Many prayers for those to the west!

I live in Spring, TX which is just north of Houston just south of the Woodlands, we had over 28" from Fri through today. We were very blessed in that we did not have any flooding in our neighborhood. Unfortunately a lot of Houston is a mess. The rain slowed considerably today, also the sun came out late this afternoon (that's the moon in the photo) also 2 military choppers with Red Cross labels on them. They are landing at our local high school where one of my sons graduated from.  

IMG_2538.JPG

Thanks! We're good here. Occasional street flooding with heavy rains but it drains without significant damage near me. Some have had cars get flooded but nothing in comapprison to what's happened in southwest Louisiana and Texas of course.