GLOCKer

I'm excited! New "grill" in route!

At our first ever BBQ competition, my team won a nice little sum of money, and after taxes, I had about $100.  So I bought something stupid.  Something I've always wanted.

71SlGN1zJ1L._SL1500_.jpg

Here is the reasoning behind my madness... lol

This will be great for college football season!  I have a full bar in my basement with a beer tap, liquor, and a pool table.  There is also a big 105" screen for the games.  I can order a variety of delectable roller foods to chunk onto this thing and I think people will enjoy it.  And in February, my wife and I host a HUGE Super Bowl party.  This will make food prep a breeze!!!

Would never think to buy something like that. Sounds like you have a good use for it but.... 

When you invite me and Mrs skreef over for Superbowl Sunday we're expecting a whole lot more than hotdogs.... Just sayin...... LOL 

When I opened the thread and saw the pic....my instant thought was....that "grill" and a crockpot full of John's Man Cave Hotdog Chili and football games are ON !!!!!

Then I read the rest of you post and saw football plans were the intention.   Awesome !!!!!

What other stuff can be cooked on it ?

31 minutes ago, Dub said:

When I opened the thread and saw the pic....my instant thought was....that "grill" and a crockpot full of John's Man Cave Hotdog Chili and football games are ON !!!!!

Then I read the rest of you post and saw foot plans were the intention.   Awesome !!!!!

What other stuff can be cooked on it ?

So, any food in tube form can be cooked on it.  They make the following specifically for roller grills in tube form:

chicken rollers

cheeseburger rollers (fits on a hot-dog bun!!!)

taquitos

sausages

dogs

corn dogs

egg rolls

meatball rollers (looks like a line of meatballs connected together and fits on a hot-dog bun!!!)

breakfast-y things

Here is an example of a company that makes roller foods: https://www.rollerbites.com/

This is crap, trashy food.  This grill is the oposite of grilling.  But it's cool!

I bought bratwurst, beef dogs, and frozen taquitos for dinner tonight.  Pic to follow!!!

I got home from work yesterday and was excited to see a large box on the front porch!  I pulled that bad boy down into the basement and got it all set up on the bar top, and threw a couple of dogs and taquitos on it.  I wanted the dogs to be going for a couple of hours to get that authentic gas station slow roasted flavor.  I need to play with the temperatures when using it because I cranked it up to 450 thinking it would take a while to get up there.  Nope, those hot dogs were sizzling in about 5 minutes!!!  I then set the table for a "romantic" dinner with paper plates and plastic forks.  Sadly, I couldn't keep my hands of the taquitos and I ate them before my wife got home from work.  The hot dogs were GREAT!!!!!  I'm not kidding about that gas station slow roasting!  My wife tends to eat healthier than I do, so as a joke, I threw a carrot on the roller grill for her.  The cool think is, I turned that back section of the grill to no heat as it has a front and back zone.

This is my wife when she got home from work and saw the surprise bad-assness on the bar top...

21167989_10159478621965107_5663179803107

This is right before she got home...

21246422_10159478622095107_2524375633904

21248647_10159478622310107_5098231148457

It's awesome!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

Lol!  But why didn't you cook her carrot?  Expected her to eat a cold dinner while you feasted on dogs and taquitos?

HAHA...how do you clean that thing?

I bet even the carrot was good "if you did cook it". I have eaten dogs off of those grills at truck stops like a Pilot. They were great. I eat them with nothing on them..  1. I dont like food drip on my clothes while working and I can drive with no worries of a mess. Cause I love mustard on mine

2. I love the taste of grill dogs on there where nothing is masking the flavor. 

It would not benefit me from having one cause we dont eat them often. 

But it shore is a great idea if you have a house full, especially of kids.