2 Burner Table Top Griddle

45 minutes ago, TKOBBQ said:

I never personally seen one of those but it looks to be a nice unit.  Can't wait to see you put it through its paces.

I go into Academy Sports at least once a month for the last couple of years. Never seen it before. 

This morning I checked  the Academy Sports flyer online and saw this listed. Went there and it looked like it would work for me and Mrs skreef. I pulled the trigger. 

We'll see. Only $94 so I can only be so disappointed. So far so good (will post steak and cheese cook shortly). 

Did a quick peanut oil burn. Then I cooked a lb of bacon trying to figure out the burner settings. This was my first real cook. Can only get better from here. I have a long ways to go to get it properly seasoned. 

Home fries. GSCa.thumb.jpg.2941ed98519fa3e232b19ecc7e6c73ba.jpg

Buns done with Mayo ;)

GSCb.thumb.jpg.ae3a09cd49ab2cb8b72d44b5e56dabf9.jpg

Peppers onions and jalapeños. 

GSCc.thumb.jpg.9f1cdc6315cf2cd4b6e635ad5f53e19f.jpg

Steak. 

GSCd.thumb.jpg.f34409759b2a31771ca72b4000db44d3.jpg

With provolone. 

GSCe.thumb.jpg.b25057cf22a4ec49b7cb8e7f7cd2580d.jpg

I meant to take a final money shot......... Not sure what happened with that. 

Griddle Jr and Akorn Jr becoming friends. 

GSCf.thumb.jpg.b46247522b30ef35a1c6e8002ae5088b.jpg

Congrats on the griddle score!  Know you have been looking for a deal for awhile now.  I have the 17" Blackstone and really like it.  Wanted a 2 burner..... but don't have space or an appropriate outdoor setup to commit to a standalone unit...  I saw a 4 burner 36" Blackstone at my Walmart marked at the 28" clearance price of $99 awhile back.  Still kicking myself for not grabbing it.... Darn husband - ruined all my fun.  

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, philpom said:

Start cooking bacon for breakfast every day!

LOL - I have to laugh. I already get up at 4am every day. Not interested in 3:30 am to cook bacon and season the griddle - LOL 

But I do under what you're saying. No worries I'm using the hell out of the griddle. 

• 3 weeks later...